Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Safe to say I was sorely disappointed to find that I got AABC in my as levels. I'm dropping maths (which I got the c in) and keeping on biology and re (both a) and a b in chemistry. I was wondering do you think I'll be able to pull up the b in chem to an a at A2 or is all hope lost.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameehannah)
    Safe to say I was sorely disappointed to find that I got AABC in my as levels. I'm dropping maths (which I got the c in) and keeping on biology and re (both a) and a b in chemistry. I was wondering do you think I'll be able to pull up the b in chem to an a at A2 or is all hope lost.?
    It's a linear A level so the AS result doesn't affect the A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    It's a linear A level so the AS result doesn't affect the A2.
    I'm in Northern Ireland unfortunately so my AS is worth 50%

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 Bs at AS and now at A2 I've got AAB so yes it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    I got 3 Bs at AS and now at A2 I've got AAB so yes it's possible.
    Thank you !
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameehannah)
    Hi

I'm sorry you are disappointed, but don't worry too much - this isn't the end at all.

An AAA prediction is the main thing. Take a look at A-Level requirements (some medical schools need a certain grade in the dropped AS) here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...el-requirement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Hi

I'm sorry you are disappointed, but don't worry too much - this isn't the end at all.

An AAA prediction is the main thing. Take a look at A-Level requirements (some medical schools need a certain grade in the dropped AS) here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...el-requirement
    I wasn't aware of that thank you !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Hi

Hi, I was looking at the entry requirements and wasn't quite sure of something, so for example Bristol wants AAAc , does that mean 3 A's at A2 and a C in the dropped AS subject?

Also, why hasn't the information been updated, since it says its correct as of 2013?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantomx60)
    Hi, I was looking at the entry requirements and wasn't quite sure of something, so for example Bristol wants AAAc , does that mean 3 A's at A2 and a C in the dropped AS subject?

Also, why hasn't the information been updated, since it says its correct as of 2013?
    Hi

Yes that's correct - that's what the little 'c' means.

This was true up to 2016 entry.

It seems 2017 entry they've dropped the requirement for the 4th AS-level at grade 'C'.

(Original post by 2016 entry)
    AAA including Chemistry and another lab-based science. Graduates are required to obtain a 2:1 in their degree and at least AAB at A-level including Chemistry at grade A and one other lab-based science subject at grade B or above. Also a minimum of four subjects studied at AS-level, with minimum grade C in fourth subject OR a minimum of grade C in an EPQ.
    (Original post by 2017 entry)
    AAA including Chemistry and another lab-based science. Graduates are required to obtain a 2:1 in their degree and at least AAB at A-level including Chemistry at grade A and one other lab-based science subject at grade B or above.
    UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) is required (www.ukcat.ac.uk). Bursaries are available to cover the cost of taking the UKCAT - please see the UKCAT website for details.
    The 2013 date means that the oldest updated piece of information on that page was updated in 2013 for 2014 entry. This doesn't mean the entirety of the information - it's just a disclaimer because universities can change their requirements quite quickly and it's important to check the prospectus itself. The reason we can't keep it updated year-by-year (even though we'd like to) is that we are volunteers and it takes a lot of work - the vast majority of important info is updated though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Hi

Yes that's correct - that's what the little 'c' means.

This was true up to 2016 entry.

It seems 2017 entry they've dropped the requirement for the 4th AS-level at grade 'C'.

The 2013 date means that the oldest updated piece of information on that page was updated in 2013 for 2014 entry. This doesn't mean the entirety of the information - it's just a disclaimer because universities can change their requirements quite quickly and it's important to check the prospectus itself. The reason we can't keep it updated year-by-year (even though we'd like to) is that we are volunteers and it takes a lot of work - the vast majority of important info is updated though!

Ah ok, thanks for the reply. Also do universities only look at your A2 predicted grades or the actual As grades?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantomx60)
    Ah ok, thanks for the reply. Also do universities only look at your A2 predicted grades or the actual As grades?
    It depends on the university - the A2 predicted however all universities look at (they need to meet the university's minimum offer).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.