Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My firm sussex was offering 3 C's including a C in a science, i however today only recieved 2 C's and a D. I got a U in one of my modules which brought my grade down. Because of the results they rejected me and i have to attend my firm, do you think it's worth ringing or is it now a done deal, thanks in advance!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Richpeasant)
    My firm sussex was offering 3 C's including a C in a science, i however today only recieved 2 C's and a D. I got a U in one of my modules which brought my grade down. Because of the results they rejected me and i have to attend my firm, do you think it's worth ringing or is it now a done deal, thanks in advance!
    They have had your results for a week and made their decision. You can ring them. You won't lose anything. But be prepared for another no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    They have had your results for a week and made their decision. You can ring them. You won't lose anything. But be prepared for another no.
    Very true that, just a shame really, 2 of my other friends missed their offers at Sussex and still got in, suppose i'm just trying to create a fantasy at the moment, thanks for the advice though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very true that, just a shame really, 2 of my other friends missed their offers at Sussex and still got in, suppose i'm just trying to create a fantasy at the moment, thanks for the advice though
    You can't lose anything by calling them.

Have you got other options?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Very honest of you. Just ring them and get it out of the way, especially if you had any extenuating circs. What neo said about being prepared for no, but you can then move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    You can't lose anything by calling them.

Have you got other options?
    I have my insurance but it's not as near as good as my firm uni (in rankings) in the field i want to go into i'm worried that university reputation will play a large roll in my job chances :/

ReputationRep:
    Try ringing them they might offer you a place anyways

ReputationRep:
    I'm working on admins at Cardiff Uni.
    If its the same system as here, I believe they won't change their mind if they declined you. I know its not what you want to here.Good luck on wherever you decide. You'll make friends no matter where you go.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.