cheap tickets to new york? Watch

bindymackenzie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hello all, does anyone know where i can find seriously cheap return tickets to either new york or toronto for the coming few weeks? the cheapest ones i have seen have been about £500 but i am only wanting to go out there for a week so i dont want to pay that much

i know that in peak time the tickets are more expensive but i have checked ba for tickets towards the end of august and though i can fly out there for about £180, coming back at the beginning of september means getting a flight priced at £750 or something crazy like that - i have to be back by the 3rd for school

those prices might just be ba being gay but i am sure i have heard of really some airlines doing return tickets for only £129?

i mean i cant seem to find any cheaper than £500 for around this time but well, any comments with websites, names of airlines, etc will be really appreciated :tsr2:
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Unfortunately you have to be realistic. You want the cheapest tickets available at short notice. It's not going to happen. There are airlines that have low cost fares (i think zoom is a new airline that flies there quite cheaply) but there are a small amount of tickets released at the cheap prices which go very quickly, and these are sold months in advance.

Looks like you're going to have to compromise a bit somewhere i'm afraid.

Good luck
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Flyglobespan.
booraad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.flyzoom.com/index.cfm?lang=EN&country=UK

Try them- they're known for cheap flights to Toronto & NY
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bindymackenzie)
hello all, does anyone know where i can find seriously cheap return tickets to either new york or toronto for the coming few weeks? the cheapest ones i have seen have been about £500 but i am only wanting to go out there for a week so i dont want to pay that much

i know that in peak time the tickets are more expensive but i have checked ba for tickets towards the end of august and though i can fly out there for about £180, coming back at the beginning of september means getting a flight priced at £750 or something crazy like that - i have to be back by the 3rd for school

those prices might just be ba being gay but i am sure i have heard of really some airlines doing return tickets for only £129?

i mean i cant seem to find any cheaper than £500 for around this time but well, any comments with websites, names of airlines, etc will be really appreciated :tsr2:
If you can hold off going until after Labor Day (first Monday of September), you might be able to save $100-200.
malibulucy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
zoom and globespan are your best bet
otherwise try searching the charter flights see what you come up with there, it all depends where you want to fly from

x
gingham_pirate
Report 11 years ago
You can get returns with Air India for £206...but that's if you book in advance by a good few months. I doubt you'll get anything cheap this late.
gingham_pirate
Report 11 years ago
Oh wait, I stand corrected, you can probably do it for about £250
http://www.travelsupermarket.com/tra...aspx?package=4
Sun!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, not this late you wont, you should have booked months ago, to get the cheapest fares. Flights always get more expensive the closer, you get to the flight. You best chance is to see if a site like Expedia, ore Travelocity has any specia deals.

Good Luck mate!
bindymackenzie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
lol, thanks a lot to everyone for replying
good news! i looked up flights by zoom and managed to get fairly cheap tickets by changing my dates round a bit, so looks like i will be in new york on friday!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (95)
82.61%
No (20)
17.39%

Watched Threads