Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, hello, etc.

I don't even know if this is an appropriate post for this forum but I'm desperate, so here goes!

I'm having some problems finding postgrad accommodation. See, for fees purposes I'm a British student (I was born in the UK), but I've actually done all my high school and college in the US because of my Dad's job. It's great, because it's cheaper this way but unfortunately I don't count for the international student housing guarantee. ALSO, because I'm still living in Texas and won't be arriving in Newcastle until September I can't make it to the private housing search weekend that the university runs.

I don't know anyone in the country, let alone Newcastle and I don't know what to doooo! I've tried some flatmate finder websites but they all seem to want me to pay for the service. Any ideas? Anyone need a home also?

ReputationRep:
    Im sure you could call up the university and they would help you find somewhere if you explained your situatuion to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabarfus)
    Hi, hello, etc.

I don't even know if this is an appropriate post for this forum but I'm desperate, so here goes!

I'm having some problems finding postgrad accommodation. See, for fees purposes I'm a British student (I was born in the UK), but I've actually done all my high school and college in the US because of my Dad's job. It's great, because it's cheaper this way but unfortunately I don't count for the international student housing guarantee. ALSO, because I'm still living in Texas and won't be arriving in Newcastle until September I can't make it to the private housing search weekend that the university runs.

I don't know anyone in the country, let alone Newcastle and I don't know what to doooo! I've tried some flatmate finder websites but they all seem to want me to pay for the service. Any ideas? Anyone need a home also?
    Just because you do not count for the housing guarantee may not mean that they cannot house you.

I urge that you contact the Accomodation office ASAP about this matter.

[email protected]

If they tell you that they cannot help you, then post on here or PM me and I will send you an email address that may help you.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure you could join the uni find a flatmate list... though that might just be an undergrad thing??

ReputationRep:
    There's a room free in the house I lived in last year - nice house, decent people, and the lanlord is my mate's dad, he's fine too. PM me if you want any info on it, and I can pass you over to my mate...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.