Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received a letter that I had to return in June, but I only recently sent it back last week.

Was there any deadline on this letter of was it fine? Also, my university is changing it's fee to £9250, so will student finance automatically change it or would I have to inform them.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by kingLAWZA)
    I received a letter that I had to return in June, but I only recently sent it back last week.

Was there any deadline on this letter of was it fine? Also, my university is changing it's fee to £9250, so will student finance automatically change it or would I have to inform them.
    What was the letter? What was it for?

Regarding the fee question, if that's the tuition fee then the max you can receive from student finance is £9000 anything above that you would pay your self

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    What was the letter? What was it for?

Regarding the fee question, if that's the tuition fee then the max you can receive from student finance is £9000 anything above that you would pay your self
    They sent a letter than you had to sign and date and return for approval or something like that can't remember exactly.

You could either print the letter and sign and send it yourself but they sent it to me so I could return it
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    They sent a letter than you had to sign and date and return for approval or something like that can't remember exactly.

You could either print the letter and sign and send it yourself but they sent it to me so I could return it
    That's an online declaration page and just agreeing to the terms&conds

There's no deadline to send that in but you won't receive payments until you do send it in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    That's an online declaration page and just agreeing to the terms&conds

There's no deadline to send that in but you won't receive payments until you do send it in.
    I just checked my account and it said payments scheduled, so i'm guessing it's fine?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I just checked my account and it said payments scheduled, so i'm guessing it's fine?
    No, payments are still scheduled even without a declaration, they just won't be paid unless it's received and validated.

If you applied online and have never sent a declaration to cover this academic year then you definitely do need to send one in. If you applied on a paper form you would of signed the declaration already inside the paper form

You can call up and check with an advisor to check your application status and if they have your declaration.

To release your payments the following is needed

- Declaration page
    - Confirmation of registration from the university (Nothing for you to worry about, the university will do this)
    - Confirmation of attendance from the university(Nothing for you to worry about, the university will do this)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    No, payments are still scheduled even without a declaration, they just won't be paid unless it's received and validated.

If you applied online and have never sent a declaration to cover this academic year then you definitely do need to send one in. If you applied on a paper form you would of signed the declaration already inside the paper form

You can call up and check with an advisor to check your application status and if they have your declaration.

To release your payments the following is needed

- Declaration page
    - Confirmation of registration from the university (Nothing for you to worry about, the university will do this)
    - Confirmation of attendance from the university(Nothing for you to worry about, the university will do this)

I've found this, not sure if it's useful

https://gyazo.com/6f2008e3c0c241a7f6e9cf9f5bd7b3df
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I've found this, not sure if it's useful

https://gyazo.com/6f2008e3c0c241a7f6e9cf9f5bd7b3df
    Hi that's just your correspondence (Letters & Emails) page in your online account - you can open each one and view those (All of these letters will have already been sent to your address)

The online notification of entitlement is a letter that says how much your university will be paid and how much you will be paid, the online declaration is on page 5 (you can print this off if needed)

Student finance offer is the offer of finance you have been given

student online details received is just to confirm you have submitted your application online

email request for financial information from sponsor spouse is an email to say evidence is required from your parent or partner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    Hi that's just your correspondence (Letters & Emails) page in your online account - you can open each one and view those (All of these letters will have already been sent to your address)

The online notification of entitlement is a letter that says how much your university will be paid and how much you will be paid, the online declaration is on page 5 (you can print this off if needed)

Student finance offer is the offer of finance you have been given

student online details received is just to confirm you have submitted your application online

email request for financial information from sponsor spouse is an email to say evidence is required from your parent or partner
    So all in all is my application completed or do I have to do some more things?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    So all in all is my application completed or do I have to do some more things?
    Well have you sent in a declaration before for this academic year? That image shows your application was created online so you must know if you have posted a declaration to student finance previously?

If you have not sent a declaration then you need to send it in

Give student finance england a call and just ask if your application is approved and if they have received your online declaration if you want to make sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    Well have you sent in a declaration before for this academic year? That image shows your application was created online so you must know if you have posted a declaration to student finance previously?

If you have not sent a declaration then you need to send it in

Give student finance england a call and just ask if your application is approved and if they have received your online declaration if you want to make sure
    The declaration is the letter I talked about in my question? Where you had to sign and send it back, been a week since I sent that off, which I think is the 16/08/16 dated thing on the image.

But yeah i'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks for your help
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    The declaration is the letter I talked about in my question? Where you had to sign and send it back, been a week since I sent that off, which I think is the 16/08/16 dated thing on the image.

But yeah i'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks for your help
    Perfect - if you sent that off a week ago it should of been processed by now (They only take 1 working day to process)

Just ask the following:

1. is my application approved and have you received my OND
    2. Do you need anything else ?

cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.