The Student Room Group
Reply 1
sneezyme
who has one of these? is it any good? here's the link incase you don't know what i'm talking about:

If we dont know what you're talking about how are we meant to tell you if its any good?
Reply 3
Cossack
If we dont know what you're talking about how are we meant to tell you if its any good?

sorry i meant, incase you do know what i'm talking about but you just want to confirm that we're both talking aout the same product!

and Bhaal85, do you know if it comes with a guarantee thing where if you don't like it you can return it after a certain amount of days, like some other epilators have? thanks!
Reply 4
sneezyme
sorry i meant, incase you do know what i'm talking about but you just want to confirm that we're both talking aout the same product!

and Bhaal85, do you know if it comes with a guarantee thing where if you don't like it you can return it after a certain amount of days, like some other epilators have? thanks!

lol im sure hell know :smile:
Reply 5
sneezyme

Erm....I was just pulling your leg :redface: and wasn't actually serious, sorry. lol. Though I presume if your buying from Argos they probably have a 14 day money back gaurentee, as they are a mainstream company and not some local shop trying to protect their profits.

What the hell is an epilator?
Reply 6
Bhaal85
Erm....I was just pulling your leg :redface: and wasn't actually serious, sorry. lol. Though I presume if your buying from Argos they probably have a 14 day money back gaurentee, as they are a mainstream company and not some local shop trying to protect their profits.

What the hell is an epilator?

oh sorry :redface: :redface: :redface: oops! i don't think you want to know what an epilator is (very painfull!)
has anyone got one? it's pricey but i think it may be worth it...
Reply 7
sneezyme
oh sorry :redface: :redface: :redface: oops! i don't think you want to know what an epilator is (very painfull!)
has anyone got one? it's pricey but i think it may be worth it...

Aww c'mon tell me, don't make me search on google.
Reply 8
Bhaal85
Aww c'mon tell me, don't make me search on google.

ok, it's like this machine which removes hair, each hair at a time, from the root, and it KILLs (by that i mean more than waxing)
it's good for keeping your legs smooth for up to 4 weeks. uh-oh now i sound like a catalogue :eek:

see told you it wouldn't interest you :smile:
Reply 9
sneezyme
ok, it's like this machine which removes hair, each hair at a time, from the root, and it KILLs (by that i mean more than waxing)
it's good for keeping your legs smooth for up to 4 weeks. uh-oh now i sound like a catalogue :eek:

i dont have one, but was thinking of getting one. would you recommend it?i know you said it was painful, but i wax already...what do you think?is it worth going for?
xx
Bhaal85
Yes there great, do wonders for my legs.

i knew you werent all balls!
neha p
i dont have one, but was thinking of getting one. would you recommend it?i know you said it was painful, but i wax already...what do you think?is it worth going for?
xx

you wax...i tried waxing it got all messy for some reason it doesnt work :frown: and its bloody painful!
Reply 12
Epilating needn't always hurt. Obviously removing a full leg of hair is very painful, but if you subsequently deal with the odd hair as it comes through then it doesn't hurt at all. Epilight ('permanent ' hair removal system using pulses of light) now that's painful! Once you've experienced the horror of that, epilating can never scare you again!
Reply 13

if its painless - its seems like the best thing dont it! epilators are painful - arrggh!
Reply 14
sneezyme

Ouch, ahh the things girls do to remove body hair, lol.
Reply 15
bhaal85-yes, the things we do :rolleyes:

neha p-are you thinking of getting an epilator or the babyliss silky smooth? i've got an epilator already and it's an old model, the ones that really hurt, but i'm thinking of getting this as it sounds good, and minta, if you think epilators don't hurt that much you're lucky you'v probably got one of those new models, which is less painfull (something about numbing the skin before :confused: )
Reply 16
waxing shouldn't be painful if you get it done properly!!- Go for the pink or yellow wax- more sensitive skin

as for the gadget- it does work, but don't think it gets the returns thingy unless its not been used- would ou want to be presented with a "Returned used" one :eek: I wldn't!

It also gets rid of the top layer of skin so one less thing to worry about in the shower- nice smooth legs for longer!!

No to epilators! that is painful they can also double up as torture instruments I'm sure!!
Reply 17
_Shines_
waxing shouldn't be painful if you get it done properly!!- Go for the pink or yellow wax- more sensitive skin

as for the gadget- it does work, but don't think it gets the returns thingy unless its not been used- would ou want to be presented with a "Returned used" one :eek: I wldn't!

It also gets rid of the top layer of skin so one less thing to worry about in the shower- nice smooth legs for longer!!

No to epilators! that is painful they can also double up as torture instruments I'm sure!!

really? thank for that tip! i do have extrememly sensitive skin. have you got the babyliss? does it work on the whole leg or only parts? it says that you can use it on any length hair, but does it really? and does it hurt if the hair is long or cause any other probs? thanks again!
Reply 18
I haven't got one- a good friend has and says its her "best buy", works on all hair types and lengths- its like a sanding disc! lol :tongue:
Reply 19
_Shines_
I haven't got one- a good friend has and says its her "best buy", works on all hair types and lengths- its like a sanding disc! lol :tongue:

Ok well that's great! it's convinced me-now i just have to find £40!

Latest

Trending

Trending