Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm having 2nd thoughts on going to uni this yr as i need 3 a's which i think i can't get plus i may be able to go to an american high school for a year. is it still possible to cancel my application and not get any student finance

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a few second thoughts too, but that's mainly because I'm just in the habit of ****ting myself and overthinking things when I'm left for a long period of time. I'll be fine though. I think; I hope!

I'd say you would be able to cancel, but wouldn't get any refund or sorts, such as UCAS application fee, and whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    It's natural to worry.....i'm worried about results, if i'll be good enough, if i'll like studying my course! Just don't worry about it. Why not wiat til results day, you might feel different then.What happens if you cancel now and get the three A's you need and suddenly decide you did want to go? I'd give it a few weeks until you're sure, can aways cancel after results day if you really want to

Good luck with the results

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7506dan)
    i'm having 2nd thoughts on going to uni this yr as i need 3 a's which i think i can't get plus i may be able to go to an american high school for a year. is it still possible to cancel my application and not get any student finance

Why on earth would you want to repeat a year at an american high school!? You would need to do S.A.T's and AP classes just to be considered to get into university then (ignoring the a levels)... :/

Or did you mean american university?

ReputationRep:
    its jus a gap yr offering chance to study in america for a year in high school then you would go bak to uk university

ReputationRep:
    that sounds kinda cool...

hope you did well with your results by the way

ReputationRep:
    yh did ok got the required 3 a;s and got accepeted, but still having second thoughts on going warwick instead(rejected me, try throught clearing), going london uni(stay with parents so cheaper and know the area) or go usa for the yr and learng more about myself and do the stuff in school i missed out on

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i'm with stue on this one...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2007

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Tue, 12 Mar '19
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.