Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    as i say why do they go for the popular guys, No one Would go for Like the smart ones that dont get into much Trouble, and what aout the people that get bullied by evryone you dont usually see Girls with them i dont mean to offend any one But you dont usually, im just wondering Whjy the popular guys get all the fun.

ReputationRep:
    That would be part of the definition of being popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confused_soul)
    as i say why do they go for the popular guys, No one Would go for Like the smart ones that dont get into much Trouble, and what aout the people that get bullied by evryone you dont usually see Girls with them i dont mean to offend any one But you dont usually, im just wondering Whjy the popular guys get all the fun.
    Usually because the popular guys are nice and have nice personalities. Usually the unpopular guys just aren't fun people to be with and aren't that confident but there are exceptions.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's just another lame Hollywood teen movie, that's why! But don't worry, the jock will get his comeupance when the dorky guy outsmarts him in the hall in front of all his mates, the geeky girl will suddenly become really hot and will be voted Prom Queen and people will leave the cinema wishing they'd saved themselves 5 quid.

ReputationRep:
    WEll i would have to disagree Im not a popualr Guy my friends arent, Most of em are prettty great people But the Popular guys are Like Bullies and stuff Like that

ReputationRep:
    well apart from the fact that yes i agree wih you it is unfair, im making the assumption that you are between 7 and 11 (year wise) all i can say is that being a geek pays off and stick with it, yeas the early years arent fun but by the time you get to sixth form being clever is a trait people want and yes popularity comes with that as well. not all of the girls are as shallow as you make them out to be, give them a chance be yourself nd someone will see you ...

ReputationRep:
    Because the elevated social status of the popular guy means he is better able to provide for and protect her babeez.

ReputationRep:
    Can you think of reasons why you are not popular? Bullies? Really? Are you sure its just that they don't like you? They don't really bully people do they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagician. Funny?)
    Usually because the popular guys are nice and have nice personalities. Usually the unpopular guys just aren't fun people to be with and aren't that confident but there are exceptions.
    None of the 'popular' people I've encountered are anything like that, but probably because they were popular by coercion rather than being genuinely well-liked in my school :p:

ReputationRep:
    No one Would go for Like the smart ones that dont get into much Trouble
    I would love to find a smart guy who avoids trouble! The problem is, most are not very confident or don't go out much so i never get to meet any. I suppose the popular ones are the ones that spend time with their friends and go to parties, get out etc, so they are the only type we see and the only type available.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry but I have to disagree. The smart quiet ones are nice with nice personalities and if you get to know them very fun, popular ones are mostly unfriendly pigs who think they own the world. Not all of them I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebnagor)
    well apart from the fact that yes i agree wih you it is unfair, im making the assumption that you are between 7 and 11 (year wise) all i can say is that being a geek pays off and stick with it, yeas the early years arent fun but by the time you get to sixth form being clever is a trait people want and yes popularity comes with that as well. not all of the girls are as shallow as you make them out to be, give them a chance be yourself nd someone will see you ...
    Geeks will inherit the earth one day And I will be at one's side when they do

ReputationRep:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Can you think of reasons why you are not popular? Bullies? Really? Are you sure its just that they don't like you? They don't really bully people do they?
    my unpopularity is probably to do with apierance to be honest, and I am actually quite strong becoase #i have alot of wiehght behind me, yes i am pretty fat

ReputationRep:
    to boost their social status and feel less insecure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    Im sorry but I have to disagree. The smart quiet ones are nice with nice personalities and if you get to know them very fun, popular ones are mostly unfriendly pigs who think they own the world. Not all of them I guess...
    Well depends what you define by fun doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    Maybe the Popular guys don't Capitalise their sentences in Illogical places?
    Sorry But i have no idea what that measn hhahaha and I call myself a geek
    :P

ReputationRep:
    in my old school it was like that in year 7/8/9 but by the time year 10/11 came people had got sick of the 'popular' lads because they werent the nicest of people and them lads then started going out with girls in the years below, and the girls in my year started to notice the nicer boys, i think its because people want to fit in more when theyre younger, so go for the boys all the other girls like, whereas when you get a bit older, you care a little bit less about being the same

ReputationRep:
    Because they are popular

ReputationRep:
    my unpopularity is probably to do with apierance to be honest, and I am actually quite strong becoase #i have alot of wiehght behind me, yes i am pretty fat
    How old are you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.