The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
"Marathon runner" thin is repulsive. I find that most very slim girls tend to be far more attractive if they put a bit of weight on. Both facially and in terms of figure.
Reply 61
Im a size 6 (in Next clothes) and am not malnurished, well you can't see my collarbone lol, if thats anything to do with weight. Plus I have cellulite.
Reply 62
Planto
"Marathon runner" thin is repulsive. I find that most very slim girls tend to be far more attractive if they put a bit of weight on. Both in facially and in terms of figure.

but marathon runners are healthy, athletic and they can't be malnurished, so why repulsive?
Reply 63
It just isn't attractive :/
Reply 64
Planto
It just isn't attractive :/

sprinters?
the essential body fat for women is higher than that for men - female marathon runners will very likely be at the bottom end or below that of the essential body fat for women. It just gives them a rather masculine figure - like female bodybuilders...the good ones are incredible specimens of human beings though, lol.
Reply 66
Overweight girls are jealous of slim girls, heard this so many times but then answer this, why do a majority of thin girls make fun of overweight girls?

Its not jealousy, its self esteem issues, we make fun of people who are different to ourselves to make ourselves feel that little bit better. Everyone in todays society compare themselves to other people. I do it and I'm sure many people on these forums do it too. Its fine to say that thin people are more healthy but still they are more prone to problems such as osteoporosis.

It seems that no matter what weight any girl is theres always going to be some sort of health problem associated with it or self esteem issues. Its the way of the world sadly.
Spiffy
Overweight girls are jealous of slim girls, heard this so many times but then answer this, why do a majority of thin girls make fun of overweight girls?

Its not jealousy, its self esteem issues, we make fun of people who are different to ourselves to make ourselves feel that little bit better. Everyone in todays society compare themselves to other people. I do it and I'm sure many people on these forums do it too. Its fine to say that thin people are more healthy but still they are more prone to problems such as osteoporosis.

It seems that no matter what weight any girl is theres always going to be some sort of health problem associated with it or self esteem issues. Its the way of the world sadly.

What do you mean a majority? That's a ridiculous assertion. You dismiss jealousy as a motive by saying it has to work both ways. That's not true - fat girls are in an adverse position compared to thin girls, thin girls are in a positive one. Speculating on the cause for any of bullying you mentioned is not relevant.
avalanche
sprinters?

Too masculine to be attractive.

Best looking female sportspeople - Tennis players.
Reply 69
HenvY
What do you mean a majority? That's a ridiculous assertion. You dismiss jealousy as a motive by saying it has to work both ways. That's not true - fat girls are in an adverse position compared to thin girls, thin girls are in a positive one. Speculating on the cause for any of bullying you mentioned is not relevant.

Everyone makes fun of someone at some point. She's merely suggesting that it's to sooth insecurities by picking out flaws in others, rather than because of direct jealousy. Which I'm inclined to agree with, for the most part.

Generally speaking when someone criticises someone as being too thin they ARE too thin. People usually wouldn't criticise someone who's just "slim". There will be the ones who do it because of jealousy but I don't think it's the majority. Slimness of course being a very vague and difficult to define term.

For those saying that slim girls are more attractive, well, it depends entirely on what you view as "slim". I could very well consider someone as being too skinny that someone else would describe as "slim". Slimness extends through the point where a lack of figure occurs, which isn't attractive.
Reply 70
Girls are just critical of each others bodies. Spiffy is right we all compare ourselves to other people, and it's mostly a self-esteem issue. Generally girls tend to make comments about another girls body because they want to make themselves feel better about their own body, not through jealousy.
You get very thin girls slagging off/bitching about average girls too you know... "OH MY GOD, she's so fat, she so shouldn't be wearing skirts like that...actually it should be illegal for girls that big to even wear skirts". Before I get moaned at, that was an actual comment made by my ex housemate, who is very thin, in a club about a girl who was tall and probably a size 10/12 so she wasn't fat at all. I thought it was just her but I've heard all her thin friends make similar comments and also thin girls that I don't know. When I look at the girls they are slagging off I am amazed because they arn't fat at all.

But of course, a thin girl would NEVER be jealous of an average sized girl :rolleyes:

I think all this, from whichever side, is probably a mixture of jealously, honest opinions and just down right bitchiness. It is annoying though how someone automatically calls a girl jealous if she says she wouldn't like to be mega thin herself. Not everyone finds average/overweight/obese attractive so you can't expect everyone to find thin/skinny/dying attractive either.
Reply 72
I get this a lot! Although I eat a healthy and balanced diet I just can't keep the weight on and at 5'10" I am around 8 and a half stone with a BMI of around 17. I do a lot of exercise which could be the factor but I do have IBS too which doesn't help the situation! Yes you can see my collar bone and ribs but it is not my fault I am like this. People always tell me I need to eat more or make sarcastic comments about my weight and it annoys me so much! I often get the stick insect one along with various others. It has before driven me to the point where I try to eat too much to gain more weight but this just aggravates my IBS even more so I end up losing weight faster. It's a no win situation in this world...
Reply 73
Yeah, see, that's no different to someone coming up to you and telling you that you're too fat.
Reply 74
CheesyBeans
You get very thin girls slagging off/bitching about average girls too you know... "OH MY GOD, she's so fat, she so shouldn't be wearing skirts like that...actually it should be illegal for girls that big to even wear skirts". Before I get moaned at, that was an actual comment made by my ex housemate, who is very thin, in a club about a girl who was tall and probably a size 10/12 so she wasn't fat at all. I thought it was just her but I've heard all her thin friends make similar comments and also thin girls that I don't know. When I look at the girls they are slagging off I am amazed because they arn't fat at all.

But of course, a thin girl would NEVER be jealous of an average sized girl :rolleyes:

I think all this, from whichever side, is probably a mixture of jealously, honest opinions and just down right bitchiness. It is annoying though how someone automatically calls a girl jealous if she says she wouldn't like to be mega thin herself. Not everyone finds average/overweight/obese attractive so you can't expect everyone to find thin/skinny/dying attractive either.

Exactly. Nicely said, CheesyBeans :smile:
I'm an average sized woman who's never been jealous of anyone thinner than me. I've never considered going on a diet. I don't like to judge people by their size, more personality.
Some days i wish i was slim but if i see a slim girl, who has a nice shape then i'll say so...if however a girl is slim/thin who looks like a stick or is straight up and down, if i do make comments it's not because i'm jealous it's because i feel they should put on weight if possible.
Riddy
Re: Are most average - overweight girls jelous of slim girls?

Apparently not.
Reply 78
Well. I'm overweight and I wish I was stick thin.
Reply 79
I read an amusing article in The Sun stating that lapdancers were being given free pies because patrons "prefer curvier women".

Latest

Trending

Trending