Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My friend was gutted to get rejected by Brunel after I and all my friends were accepted. However, he, well we all have, finished the application progress and tracked all 6 of our offers (I got accepted by all 6, did the "choose firm and insurance" thing...). However, recently, my friend got a letter saying he was accepted into Brunel, this letter coming from Ucas or Brunel (can't remember lol, have to ask). Can he call up Ucas and change this? I read on the Ucas site that it is too late to change offers.

(Original post by GSS)
    My friend was gutted to get rejected by Brunel after I and all my friends were accepted. However, he, well we all have, finished the application progress and tracked all 6 of our offers (I got accepted by all 6, did the "choose firm and insurance" thing...). However, recently, my friend got a letter saying he was accepted into Brunel, this letter coming from Ucas or Brunel (can't remember lol, have to ask). Can he call up Ucas and change this? I read on the Ucas site that it is too late to change offers.
    Ammendment to offers can be made at this stage (I think) but your friend should contact Brunel immediately to clarify thier position on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Ammendment to offers can be made at this stage (I think) but your friend should contact Brunel immediately to clarify thier position on the matter.
    Exactly what I thought! He'd love to go to Brunel but he's being lazy. I think he needs to get the story from both sides.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that at a certain stage they can change the offer. My friend, also had this happen to her, but after phoning up both UCAS and the university, UCAS changed the offer and she is now getting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GSS)
    Brunel have to update UCAS. As soon as they do this the Unsuccessful will become an offer on the Track.

He can then negotiate with his firm to release him, and for Brunnel to be his firm. He must then contact UCAS, to say he has both unis premission and they will change his firm option.

ReputationRep:
    dont really get ur question did u mean that he was first accepted then turned down by the same uni that accepted him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cell)
    dont really get ur question did u mean that he was first accepted then turned down by the same uni that accepted him
    No - I think he was rejected and then at a later date they wrote and said they cuold make him an offer. After the deadline for confirming firm and insurance choices with UCAS had passed....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    No - I think he was rejected and then at a later date they wrote and said they cuold make him an offer. After the deadline for confirming firm and insurance choices with UCAS had passed....
    Yep, that is what I mean. Thanks for clearing that up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GSS)
    Yep, that is what I mean. Thanks for clearing that up!
    In that case, defo follow my post before. Once Brunel send the offer details to UCAS too, then your friend will be in a position to start bartering. Until it's on UCAS, it's not a legally binding offer (in that he couldn't sue anyone if he lost the chance to take the offer up).

ReputationRep:
    i am planning to go to brunel
    just wondering, what are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explodingxstars)
    i am planning to go to brunel
    just wondering, what are you going to study?
    Business and Management (Computing)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.