Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my AS results
    History - U (dropping it)
    English Lang - B (my uni choice)
    English Lit - D
    Sociology - D

Can I retake some exams in Nov or shall I retake the year or quit ?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    You can't retake in November, I'm afraid. Do you want to continue with A-Levels? You'll need to answer that question yourself.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You can't retake in November, it will have to be in summer next year. Have you looked at the entry requirements for the course you want to study? You should be able to get ACC predictions, so if that's enough for English language then you could get away with just resitting a few modules alongside A2. If not, you're probably better of redoing year 12.

Have you figured out why you didn't do as well as you could have? Was it a lack of revision, or were you not revising efficiently? Try and work out how you can improve next year, whatever you end up doing. Best of luck with whichever you choose

ReputationRep:
    100% continue imo, i got worse than you CDE last year and luckily all my teachers said to continue and still turned it around with only about 3 resits to BBC. I would only advise people to redo the year if they dislike their subjects and don;t want to contiue or they get 3 Ds or below

ReputationRep:
    Imo don't retake the year, continue with A levels and resit some modules from AS. When you get your A level results back, if you don't get your grades then you can take a gap year and resit some modules then. But I think it will just unmotivate you even more to fall back a year now and see all your friends/classmates move on a year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    You can't retake in November, it will have to be in summer next year. Have you looked at the entry requirements for the course you want to study? You should be able to get ACC predictions, so if that's enough for English language then you could get away with just resitting a few modules alongside A2. If not, you're probably better of redoing year 12.

Have you figured out why you didn't do as well as you could have? Was it a lack of revision, or were you not revising efficiently? Try and work out how you can improve next year, whatever you end up doing. Best of luck with whichever you choose
    Seriously? In which exam board? Because I'm doing EDEXCEL.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CaptainJackFail)
    Seriously? In which exam board? Because I'm doing EDEXCEL.
    All exam boards. It's been that way since 2014.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.