The Student Room Group

AS Level FLOP

Hello,

I have just got my AS Level results and they are very strange and not what I predicted at all.

I got ABCD overall.

History - Predicted: D Achieved : A
Engish Literature - Predicted B Achieved: B
Government and Politics - Predicted: A Achieved: C
Classical Civilisation - Predicted: C Achieved: D

The G+P is 1 UMS off of a B - is it worth sending it for a re-mark?

Then my results would be ABBD.

Provided I drop Classical Civilisation and work hard - I believe I can strive for AAA.

Are my grades good enough for me to still consider applying for Russell Group universities?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivymoss
Hello,

I have just got my AS Level results and they are very strange and not what I predicted at all.

I got ABCD overall.

History - Predicted: D Achieved : A
Engish Literature - Predicted B Achieved: B
Government and Politics - Predicted: A Achieved: C
Classical Civilisation - Predicted: C Achieved: D

The G+P is 1 UMS off of a B - is it worth sending it for a re-mark?

Then my results would be ABBD.

Provided I drop Classical Civilisation and work hard - I believe I can strive for AAA.

Are my grades good enough for me to still consider applying for Russell Group universities?

I don't think it will be work a remark if your were just 1 mark off all together. 'Cause remember, you could of scored highly on one exam and lower on another. I would leave it as it is. If you were 1 mark off a B then that's pretty much a B :wink:.

However, if you wanted an A in Politics, you'd need to get As in your A2 exams which is considerably harder.

Regardless of whether it's a RG or not, it depends on the course requirements really. One RG can offer AAA whilst another could be ABB. Of course it would be less than smart to apply to all RG unis. So when you get around to applying to unis, make sure you look at non-RG unis and top unis if that's your major concern.

Quick Reply

Latest