Turn on thread page Beta

Apprenticeship to Uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After finishing GCSE's i didnt have a clue what to do. So i went into an IT level 3 course at college but decided to drop out and go onto an apprenticeship in IT. After a year i gained my certificates.
    1. Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals (QCF)
    2. Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles (QCF)
    I was wondering would i be able to get into Uni with these?
    However i am wanting to go into a course like Management.

Right now im coming to the end of my second year working, and this second year i have done nothing at all for my future except gain experience. So i have decide i need to start working hard and thats why i want to go to Uni.

(dont know if this going in the right topic)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilsonSwFc)
    After finishing GCSE's i didnt have a clue what to do. So i went into an IT level 3 course at college but decided to drop out and go onto an apprenticeship in IT. After a year i gained my certificates.
    1. Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals (QCF)

Right now im coming to the end of my second year working, and this second year i have done nothing at all for my future except gain experience. So i have decide i need to start working hard and thats why i want to go to Uni.

Hey There

Ironically, I had a similar qualification I had the Same diploma Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems. Now I attend Business School in London and I am doing a BA in Business Management with Marketing Ironically its called Pearson College London and its owned by Pearson the company that issues that Diploma, I mean if you would like to venture into a Uni with apprenticeship atmosphere then you should definitely check it out its got a serious combination of Knowledge/Academics and Practicals in form of like industry days, So you get to network a lot but yes defiantly Uni should be the next step because it would give you that boost on top of that experience you have gained from the Apprenticeship.

Good Luck
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by WilsonSwFc)

Hello!

As an alternative to university alone, have you considered if there's a degree apprenticeship or higher apprenticeship you could do? These will let you continue working, but also studying for a degree or degree-level qualification. The bonus being, you can get a degree without having to pay tuition fees!

I don't know if there'll be any apprenticeships available in the job area or location you want, but worth checking it out.

Have a look at our apprenticeship zone for more info: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/apprenticeships

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.