Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Geography- A
    Biology- B
    Chemistry- D (getting remarked)
    Maths- U (resitting AS level and dropping for A2)

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry and Biology are the most essential A levels for medicine, so these must be an A grade to have a chance in your application. It's tough for those with AAA.

You would most likely need to resit the exams other than geography during your A2 years. (I resat all of chemistry when I got a C at As).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You need to get those grades up but it's not totally ruled out. Are you eligible for any courses with a foundation year? Otherwise you need to smash the next year and may eed to reapply once you have got your grades as you probably won't do great with those as a base to apply.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what the school predicts you. It seems unlikely they'll predict AAA with those AS grades

So if you work hard and get AAA at A2, you'd at least have a chance at applying with achieved grades after a gap year.

Now the only thing is the U in Maths. I'd resit this to bump it up to a A or at least a B.

But with regards to declaring the U on UCAS after a potential gap year, from what I believe, if your school chooses to certificate/cash in the grade, you'd have to declare that you got both a U in Maths and also your new resit grade. Check with medical schools if this would be an issue or not.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by angelscity)
    Geography- A
    Biology- B
    Chemistry- D (getting remarked)
    Maths- U (resitting AS level and dropping for A2)
    These results would get predictions of A*ACE at best, obviously for 2017 entry to medicine I do not think this will be enough unless your D remark drastically becomes a B.

I would personally resit the maths (as a U would not be a good idea to apply with trust me) and some of the chem modules to pull up your grades and apply during a gap year with achieved A2 grades.

ReputationRep:
    sorry not next year, apply with achieved grades, or probably consider GEM with half decent achieved grades or go to prague or some sort of east european medical school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    These results would get predictions of A*ACE at best, obviously for 2017 entry to medicine I do not think this will be enough unless your D remark drastically becomes a B.

I would personally resit the maths (as a U would not be a good idea to apply with trust me) and some of the chem modules to pull up your grades and apply during a gap year with achieved A2 grades.
    Ah okay, thank you! Yeah I'll be resitting maths, and chemistry all gets examined at the end of A2 so AS doesn't really count towards our A2 grade at all but of course unis won't like seeing a D in chemistry. Thank you for the response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAhm)
    Depends on what the school predicts you. It seems unlikely they'll predict AAA with those AS grades

So if you work hard and get AAA at A2, you'd at least have a chance at applying with achieved grades after a gap year.

Now the only thing is the U in Maths. I'd resit this to bump it up to a A or at least a B.

But with regards to declaring the U on UCAS after a potential gap year, from what I believe, if your school chooses to certificate/cash in the grade, you'd have to declare that you got both a U in Maths and also your new resit grade. Check with medical schools if this would be an issue or not.
    Yeah Ah okay, a gap year is an option which sounds okay! Yeah I think they will have to cash in the U on my UCAS form tbh! But thank you so much for your response

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.