Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    N/A

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Have a word with your school now about re-applying for UCAS. They may allow you to use the school buzzword for your next application and complete the reference for you in the same way as they did for this application.

If not, then it's no problem. You simply apply like last time on the UCAS website and choose that you're an independent. Then fill in your grades/personal statement like last time. For the reference, speak to a teacher/person who wrote your last reference and they'll be able to write it for you again.

They may choose to use the old reference but I think they'd at least adjust/tweak to reflect the fact you got better results
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by UNIoffer)
    Hi,After receiving much better results than I expected I am currently looking into rejecting my unconditional offer and reapplying next year in the hopes of gaining a place at a top university.However, I am unsure how the UCAS process will work outside of school. Obviously, my teachers helped with this (e.g. completing references) but now I am no longer at school I don't know how it will work. Will I be able to keep my existing references, or will I have to have new ones completed?Thanks for the help.
    Hi there,

You would fill in the form exactly as you have done this year, but you can ask an employer or family friend for a character reference.

Hope this helps but if you wanted some more clearing advice you could always contact our clearing team on 03330 432 414 or use our online Live Chat service and they can answer any further specific questions you might have.

Good luck,
    Jack

University of Gloucestershire

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.