Further Maths : A
    Physics: A
    Psychology: B

Achieved grades:
    Maths: B (Edexcel)
    Further Maths : E (Edexcel)
    Physics: B (AQA)
    Psychology: E (OCR)

Should I go for priority remarking?Can I shift some good modules from Maths to Further Maths?Can I retake some papers next year?I want to continue with Maths FM and Physics next year but looks will be difficult to get re-admission in the school in A2.Please advise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sims2017)
    Hi Guys,

I am quite upset after my AS level exam results:

Predicted grades:
    Maths: A
    Further Maths : A
    Physics: A
    Psychology: B

Achieved grades:
    Maths: B (Edexcel)
    Further Maths : E (Edexcel)
    Physics: B (AQA)
    Psychology: E (OCR)

Should I go for priority remarking?Can I shift some good modules from Maths to Further Maths?Can I retake some papers next year?I want to continue with Maths FM and Physics next year but looks will be difficult to get re-admission in the school in A2.Please advise?
    Most remarks are unsuccessful and don't lead to a change in grade. Do you think there is a big error somewhere or are you just hoping? Priority remarking is for people who need the improved results to confirm a university place. After the initial rush, normal remarks usually only take a few days anyway.
    Maths units are automatically combined to give you the best possible grades.
    You can retake any of the maths units next year, the physics AS doesn't count towards your final A level grade. Can't remember if psychology is a reformed A level or not.
    You need to reflect on why there's such a discrepancy between your actual and predicted grades. It would be good to have some idea what to say about how you will approach A2 differently when you have the re-admission conversation with school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar situation with my further maths that I got a C and a B in modules that I really didn't want them in. With maths it is extremely easy to retake modules the following year and a lot of people do it. Like the other reply said, Physics doesn't count towards next year if you're doing the reformed A level so not much to worry about next year. To me it sounds like your teachers may have been a bit optimistic with your predicted grades... Do they match the level at which you were working at throughout the year? You don't want to be predicted grades that are fairly unrealistic otherwise your universities will offer you much higher grades next year and you're going to be less likely to meet them and you may be more disappointed. I think chat to your subject teachers and see what they think and maybe have another look at your work throughout the year and see if your predicted grades were accurate in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mils_w)
    I'm in a similar situation with my further maths that I got a C and a B in modules that I really didn't want them in. With maths it is extremely easy to retake modules the following year and a lot of people do it. Like the other reply said, Physics doesn't count towards next year if you're doing the reformed A level so not much to worry about next year. To me it sounds like your teachers may have been a bit optimistic with your predicted grades... Do they match the level at which you were working at throughout the year? You don't want to be predicted grades that are fairly unrealistic otherwise your universities will offer you much higher grades next year and you're going to be less likely to meet them and you may be more disappointed. I think chat to your subject teachers and see what they think and maybe have another look at your work throughout the year and see if your predicted grades were accurate in the first place.
    Now as things stand, a B in Maths and a B in Physics with predicted grades A in Maths Physics and Further Maths. I do intend to retake D1 M1 and FP1 to improve my further maths score. Physics is linear so can get an A later. Can i get a good uni offer? or all is lost..

ReputationRep:
    Now as things stand, a B in Maths and a B in Physics with predicted grades A in Maths Physics and Further Maths. I do intend to retake D1 M1 and FP1 to improve my further maths score. Physics is linear so can get an A later. Can i get a good uni offer? or all is lost..
    It really depends on the course you are applying to do and at which universities you're planning on applying to. You mentioned you were dropping Psychology I think? So if you're looking to do something maths based at uni then all you really have to do is work really hard at your further maths to get that up to an A/B grade and you could still get offers from good universities as they tend to offer either AAA or AAB. Although you'd have to check the uni specifically because sometimes they require certain grades in certain subjects, such as an A* in Maths or something like that. I don't think it's unreasonable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mils_w)
    It really depends on the course you are applying to do and at which universities you're planning on applying to. You mentioned you were dropping Psychology I think? So if you're looking to do something maths based at uni then all you really have to do is work really hard at your further maths to get that up to an A/B grade and you could still get offers from good universities as they tend to offer either AAA or AAB. Although you'd have to check the uni specifically because sometimes they require certain grades in certain subjects, such as an A* in Maths or something like that. I don't think it's unreasonable
    Will the universities consider my target grades and consider conditional offer based on the same rather than my disappointing scores in AS - BBE.

ReputationRep:
    Will the universities consider my target grades and consider conditional offer based on the same rather than my disappointing scores in AS - BBE.
    They will most likely only really use your AS scores to check that you are on track for your predicted grades, but you can get your teachers to write in your reference about your further maths and sort of assure the university that you are capable of gaining the grade they have predicted for you, I think your best option is to talk to your subject teachers and see what they can do for you. It will also help if your GCSE grades in those subjects are A*s or As

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I need some realistic advice rn.
    So I only started doing Chemistry in Late December / January and I took the AS to check how I was in IGCSES I got an A* but for my AS exam I got an E. What should I do ? My school was really doubtful about me doing it but I was so determined and I thought I worked really hard.
    Also I got a 69 in Maths and want to do remarks as well as 69 in Politics and want to do a remark as well thoughts on that ?
    I plan on working even harder this year as I realized I didn't use my teachers as well as I should and I was rather over confident.
    I usually do rather well in school and was predicted As and Bs so I feel my school can argue out my case and even though I know they're different my IGCSES were very good.
    Thoughts ? Best ? Worst ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.