Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello...
    My AS Chemistry result is isn't as good as I hoped, partly due to it not being a strong subject for me and also its bad quality of teaching in my college.

Bio: D
    Psychology: B
    Chem: U

I want to go onto an audiology BSc course; whereas most universities require ABB grades, with usually just one science subject some need at least two :/

I put a lot of work into these so I'm not entirely sure if I could get a B in chemistry even if I change college and redo the year. Would retaking put me in a disadvantage for uni application?
    Advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I can't really offer any constructive advice, but if you tried your best under these difficult circumstances then that is important, especially as you found chemistry to be taught badly and found it hard yet kept at it.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think retaking would put you at a disadvantage for uni but if you email or call the uni for the course you want to do and explain your situation they should let you know
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Hi there
    I am sorry you performed less well than originally expected. Audiology is a very competitive course so I am afraid it's unlikely that your application would be successful if you were to retake your AS year, even if you were allowed.
    I would suggest progressing to A2 and doing some AS module resits.

I appreciate that the standard of teaching at your VI form may be low but you will have to be willing to be proactive and do some self-learning next year if you wish to get the results you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Hi there
    I am sorry you performed less well than originally expected. Audiology is a very competitive course so I am afraid it's unlikely that your application would be successful if you were to retake your AS year, even if you were allowed.
    I would suggest progressing to A2 and doing some AS module resits.

I appreciate that the standard of teaching at your VI form may be low but you will have to be willing to be proactive and do some self-learning next year if you wish to get the results you want.
    I also got my results today and thinking about retaking the yr. I'm thinking of doing Pharmacy at Uni. Does retaking yr 12 affect my uni application then? At first I was thinking of continuing into yr 13 but everyone has been saying resitting the reformed a levels is not a good idea. Also I heard that for the reformed a levels you would only be able to resit the exams once the whole course is finished - so after yr 13. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    have you considered doing a foundation year?? and also, get some medical/audiology experience if you haven't already.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by GreatSuccess24)
    I also got my results today and thinking about retaking the yr. I'm thinking of doing Pharmacy at Uni. Does retaking yr 12 affect my uni application then?
    Unis won't mind too much if you retake Year 12. There are lots of people with offers from Russell Groups after retaking their first year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.