Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.
    I really want to go to Leeds Uni but didn't get my grades. I looked at their courses for clearing and found BA Fashion Technology. It looks quite good but it is rather different from what I wanted to do originally. Has anybody applied for Fashion Technology? Do you know what it is about?
    Help please!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Check the course content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dishwashersafe)
    Hi all.
    I really want to go to Leeds Uni but didn't get my grades. I looked at their courses for clearing and found BA Fashion Technology. It looks quite good but it is rather different from what I wanted to do originally. Has anybody applied for Fashion Technology? Do you know what it is about?
    Help please!
    Try Googling it? It is pretty niche but could well be a course that is well-networked into the industry so has better career prospects than you might suppose.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hi all.
    Help please!
    It really depends from uni to uni, depending on the path that you go down it could lead to the more creative side or more chemistry side (I have a friend doing a masters in it)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks all. i think I need to make my mind up now. They say the career opportunities are very good.
    Slowbro93: can I ask what your friend is doing in his masters?
    Here they say there is some science but it is more about science concepts than deep understanding. then it is about applying these concepts and understanding them in a business environment.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ok, thanks all. i think I need to make my mind up now. They say the career opportunities are very good.
    Slowbro93: can I ask what your friend is doing in his masters?
    Here they say there is some science but it is more about science concepts than deep understanding. then it is about applying these concepts and understanding them in a business environment.
    She's doing it in this: http://www.design.leeds.ac.uk/pg/textiles/

She previously did a degree in Textile Engineering, which is the reason why I know about this :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.