Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been accepted into the University of Liverpool and I was wondering whether it's actually worth spending the £62.50 on the official welcome week wristband? because it's very expensive and I don't really want to spend that much on something if it isn't fully used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutellaaa_)
    Hi I've been accepted into the University of Liverpool and I was wondering whether it's actually worth spending the £62.50 on the official welcome week wristband? because it's very expensive and I don't really want to spend that much on something if it isn't fully used
    As a student of the University of Liverpool, I highly recommend you do not waste your money on that ****. It is very unlikely that you will attend every single freshers event. Just buy separate tickets for the few events you're actually interested in going to and you'll save money that can be more useful elsewhere. You'll probably spend most of your social time in freshers week with your flat / corridor, and they're probably not going to want to go to the Guild every night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezoar)
    As a student of the University of Liverpool, I highly recommend you do not waste your money on that ****. It is very unlikely that you will attend every single freshers event. Just buy separate tickets for the few events you're actually interested in going to and you'll save money that can be more useful elsewhere. You'll probably spend most of your social time in freshers week with your flat / corridor, and they're probably not going to want to go to the Guild every night.
    Thanks!! I can't really believe it's so expensive especially when it's just events at the guild.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! I can't really believe it's so expensive especially when it's just events at the guild.
    I actually bought a freshers band and regret it so much - there was only 1 event which I actually enjoyed and the other ones I went to were pretty ****. And we usually ended up out in town anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezoar)
    I actually bought a freshers band and regret it so much - there was only 1 event which I actually enjoyed and the other ones I went to were pretty ****. And we usually ended up out in town anyway.
    Aw no that's pretty s*** mate. I don't think I'll buy a wrist band then as it really doesn't seem worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Aw no that's pretty s*** mate. I don't think I'll buy a wrist band then as it really doesn't seem worth it.
    I'll just add my two cents, I also don't think it's worth it, certianly not when your flatmates discover town, which will be almost immediately. There are better things to spend your £60 on, like I don't know, 60 shots in Cava?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeyboardNinja)
    I'll just add my two cents, I also don't think it's worth it, certianly not when your flatmates discover town, which will be almost immediately. There are better things to spend your £60 on, like I don't know, 60 shots in Cava?
    Haha that sounds like a much better idea!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.