This discussion is closed.
goldenboy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i got 58% in my finals and two wekks prior to them my father fell into a coma. u wud think they took this into account but hell no!

city uni is crap! i wont get in lse or cass for my msc now, so with a 2.2 in economics and 20 ucas points what can i do?

shall i work for a year, then do a msc at somewhere half decent like surrey or loughborough.

help me ******s!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its the same at all universities I think. They only count personaly health problems or if you're imediate relevents have died (they count parents or grandparents as this).

However I am sure you could have claimed stress or somthing. However you could only do this if your father went itno a coma before the final exams etc.

I wouldn't have a clue if you could get into an LSE with a 2:2 or not.

I hope your father gets better anyway.
goldenboy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
forget lse or cass.

i mite just work for a year then do a msc, but this sucks.
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by goldenboy)
i got 58% in my finals and two wekks prior to them my father fell into a coma. u wud think they took this into account but hell no!

city uni is crap! i wont get in lse or cass for my msc now, so with a 2.2 in economics and 20 ucas points what can i do?

shall i work for a year, then do a msc at somewhere half decent like surrey or loughborough.

help me ******s!
Make a formal appeal - at the university level (not departmental as they may fob you off, and it sounds like you've tried that already).

And call me a ****** again, I will hunt you down and shove your 2.2 certificate up where the sun don't shine!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads