Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Plymouth vs Swansea vs Coventry for mechanical engineering? help pls Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

So I didn't get the grades for my firm choice but i did manage to get them for my insurance choice (Plymouth) however I was not sure if i wanted to go there for sure so I called up a few unis and got clearing offers from swansea and coventry.
    So i assume if I were to chose either of those 2 I would have to call plymouth and ask them to release me from my contract right?

currently on Ucas Plymouth comes up as (Uncoditional offer)(firmly accepted)) and what im wondering is which Uni I should go for to have the best engineering opportunities in the future.

Thx
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jeja12)
    Hey guys!

So I didn't get the grades for my firm choice but i did manage to get them for my insurance choice (Plymouth) however I was not sure if i wanted to go there for sure so I called up a few unis and got clearing offers from swansea and coventry.
    So i assume if I were to chose either of those 2 I would have to call plymouth and ask them to release me from my contract right?

currently on Ucas Plymouth comes up as (Uncoditional offer)(firmly accepted)) and what im wondering is which Uni I should go for to have the best engineering opportunities in the future.

Thx
    Hi,

You will indeed need to ask to be released if you wish to take either of their offers.

That being said have you considered Aston? A number of our Engineering students take placement years with JLR, Rolls Royce and IBM to name a few companies.

We are also ranked second in the UK for teaching quality.

Josh
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hey guys!

Thx
    Hi,

well done in getting into Plymouth. Yes you would have to contact Plymouth in order to me released so you could apply through clearing.

If you are still looking for unis Kingston may be for you! Here is a link to our engineering course available through clearing http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...ng-foundation/ and our hotline number is
    0800 0483 334

I hope it all goes well for you
    Emily
    Student ambassador
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hey guys!

Thx
    Hello

Looks like you've got an answer to your question! When deciding between universities make sure you have a look at the course content and also what current students have to say about the university. You can find a lot of this on our websites.

Just to let you know that we are holding Open Days at our new campus everyday from today until Wednesday from 11-4. During these times you'll be able to speak to academics and current students as well as having a tour of the facilities.

You can find our more about Mechanical Engineering at Swansea here http://www.swansea.ac.uk/engineering/mechanical/

If you need anything else please give us a ring on 01792 295514.

Thank you
    Tamsyn

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.