The Student Room Group

Do you think I'll get any offers?

Hi all,

So, it was AS results day today and I'm both excited and disappointed. I got ABD, with the A in English Literature, the B in Maths, and the D in reformed OCR physics A.

My college sent out a letter saying that the physics grade this year will not count towards our final grade and will not be put on the UCAS application. In this case, I have grades AB.

I am taking Maths, Computer Science, and Physics A levels, and I intend to drop English Lit and pick up Further Maths AS. Therefore I will have Maths, Computer Science, and Physics A level, and English and Further Maths AS level.

I want to apply to university to do a degree in mathematics. I was originally planning on applying to Oxford but I think now that I will not. The universities I am now applying for are Loughborough (AAA), York (AAB), Exeter (AAB), Reading (AAB), and Lincoln (BBB). As you can imagine, there needs to be an A in Maths.

I got: C1 - 75 UMS, C2 - 74 UMS, M1 - 75 UMS.

In English I got 0090/0120 UMS.

Would it be worth for me to resit some of my maths modules? Perhaps Core 1 and Core 2 to bring it up a lot so I can get the A in maths guaranteed?

In addition, do you think that my grades I got this year + my predicted grades (A in Physics, A in Computer Science) will give me any offers from the universities I'm applying to?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending