Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about doing AQA Biology but I'm not sure if I'd be able to do well/cope. How hard would you say it is?

I have an A in Core Science and am predicting an A/A* in additional and either an A or B in Maths for GCSE..

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking the same

Wanting to take chem maths too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Moved this to the Biology section for you, should be able to get a better response here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Moved this to the Biology section for you, should be able to get a better response here
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would say that it is a difficult subject at A Level. However, I studied the previous specification but hope that I can help in some way. For me, the content was easy and interesting to understand and learn but there's a lot to take in and memorise. The exam papers are much more difficult than they were at GCSE level as they require a lot of effort and exam practice but with hard work, you can get good grades.

If you enjoy biology and you're up for the challenge, I'd say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    It's ****ing horrible like honestly...completely diff to GCSE. I got B/A in core/additional and just received my E grade for AS Bio. Did SO much work for it, honestly thought I'd done ok. I focused on it so much more than my other subjects (which I received ABB in at AS) and paid for a tutor in the months leading up to the exams.

Only do it if you're really passionate and good at science subjects. At A-level the application of knowledge is the hardest part and for me, obviously, I just couldn't grasp it. I'm much better at essay based subjects.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.