Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone just got my results back and for my A/As levels. It was terrible. I don't think many universities would take me in to do Bsc in physics. But I remember a talk from a person, who came to tell us about studying abroad. He said there are university abroad that take people, who have straight D's and do physics and get Bsc. I want to know if there are such unis. If you do know please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkorb)
    Hi everyone just got my results back and for my A/As levels. It was terrible. I don't think many universities would take me in to do Bsc in physics. But I remember a talk from a person, who came to tell us about studying abroad. He said there are university abroad that take people, who have straight D's and do physics and get Bsc. I want to know if there are such unis. If you do know please let me know.
    Several unis will take Cs in Maths and Physics eg. Portsmouth, Salford, St Mary's Twickenham.

Bear in mind that a very large percentage of students miss their offer by one or two grades and still get accepted by their firm, so bear in mind that the standard offer is usually a little higher than needed for most mid-low unis. Any uni in clearing is also prepared to do a deal, as their need to fill their course places or lose money.

The only thing I would say is that you will struggle with degree level physics unless you can bring up your maths grades, wherever you go - far more important than your physics A level , because degree level physics is very mathematical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkorb)
    Need a bit more info, if you are applying this year then what results did you get? Keele is looking at 200 UCAS points in clearing with a dual honour course.
    If you are looking at a 2017 start then there will be a fair few UK universities that would consider you,
    Foreign unis don't have access to student funding so you would have to have the money available to pay (and live/work) and they are nowrealtively more expensive as the pound dropped after the referendum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.