Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 (TODAY) [Mk. II] Watch

• View Poll Results: What's your next step?
    Firm (Offer Met)
    75.00%
    Firm (Offer Missed)
    0%
    Insurance (Offer Met)
    0%
    Insurance (Offer Missed)
    0%
    Moving onto A2
    25.00%
    Clearing
    0%
    Adjustment
    0%
    Gap Year(s)
    0%
    Remark(s)
    0%
    Retake(s)
    25.00%
    Other Education Route
    0%
    Not sure
    0%
    Other (post below)
    0%

ReputationRep:
    :tsr:
    2016 AS/A2 Results Day Thread [Mk. II]

TODAY
    Well, today's the day. Hope it all goes/went well.

Mk. I available here
    FAQs
    [Credit to @PQ]

Results
    Are this year's papers and mark schemes available?
    UPDATE: Neither papers nor mark schemes can be linked here due to copyright reasons.

When do grade boundaries get released?
    UPDATE: Grade boundaries have been released.

How do I collect my results online?
    This depends on your exam boards and/or your school/college. If you don't know then ask them directly.

When do unis get our results?
    UCAS got the results from the exam boards approximately a week before results day. They spent a day or two matching them to your applications and then sent them on to universities either overnight Friday or Saturday. Universities have now MANUALLY compared every offer to the results to decide whether applicants have met their offers or not (and if not whether they can be accepted with lower grades).

Track on Results Day
    My Track didn't change - is it worth hitting refresh until it does?
    NO - once Track goes live again it then gets re-frozen in that state (because UCAS need to handle everyone and their dog hitting refresh constantly). Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 6am and midday. Hitting refresh just slows things down for everyone else. Give yourself some good karma - get off Track and go and buy the Telegraph (just in case), get together your contact numbers for your unis, top your phone up with credit (and charge it) and get ready to collect your results from School.

My Track didn't change! That means I failed!
    NO - Universities have to MANUALLY compare every set of results with the offer conditions - even if it's a simple YES or NO for every one of those that means a lot of data input to put in to their database to send through to UCAS.If Track hasn't changed then that means that either:

a) You've met your offer and your uni knows that and hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
    b) You've met your offer and your uni doesn't know that because your results got muddled up so they're waiting to talk to you to check before telling UCAS.
    c) You've missed your offer but your uni wants you anyway but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
    d) You've imssed your offer but your uni want to make you an offer for a similar but less full course and haven't got round to telling UCAS.
    e) You've missed your offer and your uni haven't decided yet whether they can take you or not - they might need to see how many Insurance people they have to take before they know they've got room first.
    f) You've missed your offer and your firm uni doesn't want you but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.In other words - if Track hasn't changed that doesn't give ANY indication as to whether your results are good or bad.

My Firm place has confirmed me! That means I passed my A levels!
    NO - remember - these things are decided MANUALLY....someone somewhere sits down with a pile of UCAS forms and a list of results and ticks off results against offers. If your firm has confirmed you - well done! You're in! BUT don't go into School/College expecting to see a long line of A grades. Just as a lot of unis can be slow in sending decisions to UCAS, some unis are VERY quick and will not only confirm the people who met their offers but will have confirmed a whole BUNCH of people who missed their grades.

Guides to Results Day
    Click here (Overall Guide)
    Click here (Guide to Track)
    Click here (UCAS)

TSR Forums
    Click here (Post Your Results, AS)
    Click here (Post Your Results, A2)
    Click here (Grade Boundaries)

Results Day Flowchart
    [credit to @PQ]
    Click here

Clearing/Adjustment
    Click here

Performance Analysis
    Click here

Helpful People*
    @PQ, @Carnationlilyrose, @usycool1, @Puddles the Monkey, @Changing Skies, @claireestelle, @Nirgilis, @Slowbro93

*Well, they were helpful last year.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Not sure how long this will last but good luck to everyone, I hope the future is clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Not sure how long this will last but good luck to everyone, I hope the future is clear.
    It was meant to be concealed amongst the unanswered threads for a little while longer! When I saw the rate at which the page numbers were increasing in the first thread, I thought, 'there's only one thing for this; mark two!'.

At least there's a new poll guys.

Hope everyone did well.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SH0405)
    It was meant to be concealed amongst the unanswered threads for a little while longer! When I saw the rate at which the page numbers were increasing in the first thread, I thought, 'there's only one thing for this; mark two!'.

At least there's a new poll guys.

Hope everyone did well.
    normally I have reservations about people (but then again, who am I :lol:) doing that while the old thread has a significant number pages to get through, but I see this post always requires a lot of construction so good effort.

:borat: yesss.. and if not, Nandos is always fun to go to.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Locking until the thread fills up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.