Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ---
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Usually teachers will predict you one grade above what you achieved at AS, so being predicted an A in chem should be no problem. Speak to your teachers about it if you're worried. I would recommend remarking (depending how close you are to the boundary), or, failing that, retaking at least one AS chem unit to ensure that you get the A, though. A2 relies on AS content, so you shouldn't really have to do any extra revision. You may understand AS work better next year so should hopefully be able to improve your grade.

Congrats on your results though, I know you're disappointed with the B, but they're really impressive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxsbxxx)
    Would I be able to apply for medicine with AAAB, the B being in chemistry? Because I know chem is the most important one for medicine I really hope my teachers can predict me an A as I was getting As all year but messed up on the day.

None of the unis I like are looking at AS (and it doesn't really count, but would it be worth a remark anyway? ugh)

Thank you!! x
    I dont really know how the reformed system works, but I know people who were still given medicine offers despite a B in chem I'd try and persuade your teachers to predict you an A (maybe use past mock results as evidence that you're capable, to persuade them)

Also you could always retake a module

I think medicine has so many factors that contribute to whether or not you get an offer, such as work experience, ukcat, so you could always make it up in other areas
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    ah thanks so much, is it definitely worth resitting a paper if the grade doesn't count towards the A2 grade (new spec AS)? Next year's exam has all the AS content in but is totally independent of the AS so if I get the A prediction, I don't know whether to resit or not x
    If you can get the A prediction and the AS result doesn't contribute then I wouldn't worry about it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Would I be able to apply for medicine with AAAB, the B being in chemistry? Because I know chem is the most important one for medicine I really hope my teachers can predict me an A as I was getting As all year but messed up on the day.

None of the unis I like are looking at AS (and it doesn't really count, but would it be worth a remark anyway? ugh)

Thank you!! x
    The prediction is the main thing - get AAA prediction then no worries!

Remarks have changed this year and unless there is a huge error, it's unlikely to change anything. Unlike small mark changes we found in the past, from now we're more likely to see either 1) a huge mark change, or 2) no mark change at all.

ReputationRep:

Thank you!! x
    Congrats on your results! Absolutely not disappointing to get a B at AS. Get that A prediction and knuckle down and work super hard to get those A's at A2.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.