Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi my Spanish is a bit out of form so can anyone who’s great at Spanish give me correct phrases in the right tense I can use in a role play regarding finding a hotel, booking a hotel room and also phrases I can use when meeting people. Thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_melanie)
    Hi my Spanish is a bit out of form so can anyone who’s great at Spanish give me correct phrases in the right tense I can use in a role play regarding finding a hotel, booking a hotel room and also phrases I can use when meeting people. Thanks very much.

You haven’t exactly stated what level you’re studying for. me. I’m guessing this is GCSE level hence the basic phrases but if you need anymore help PM me:

Meeting people:

¿Dónde vivéis? (where do you live?), ¿Cómo se va? (how are you?), Cual es vuestro (sp?) direccion? (what’s you address), ¿Cuál es vuestro número de teléfono? (what's you phone number)...You just need to be able to ask people basic things like 'what's your name', 'how are you', what do you like, where are you from...it's relatively easy.

Finding a hotel:

¿me podria indicar dónde esta elhotel? (can you tell me where the hotel is?), ¿a que hora cierra elhotel? (what time does the hotel close?),¿Hay otro hotel cerca de aquí? (is there another hotel near here?),¿Hay restaurante en el hoteles?(does the hotel have a restaurant),¿A qué hora es la cena? (when do you serve dinner)...again v.basic.

Request for a room/saying how long you're staying:

Quisiera una habitacion doble con bano (I would like a double bedroom with a bathroom).Nos quedaremostres tres noches de viernes a domingo (we’re going to be staying 3 nights from Friday to Sunday) or Pensamos quedarnos siete noches (we're going to staying for seven nights), ¿Cúanto cuesta un habitación individual / doble por noche? (How much is a single / double room per night?),¿Cúanto cuesta? (what’s the price?)’ etc….

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    i do the know the appropriate vocab but I just find it difficult to string the words into a phrase that makes sense in Spanish. Do you also know how to ask when a train arrives and leaves? When asking 'does the train arrive here' does this sentence make sense ¿A que hora llegara allí? and I'm not sure how to ask for a single ticket either.

ReputationRep:
    i do the know the appropriate vocab but I just find it difficult to string the words into a phrase that makes sense in Spanish. Do you also know how to ask when a train arrives and leaves? When asking 'does the train arrive here' does this sentence make sense ¿A quéhora llegará allí? Yes that's right and I'm not sure how to ask for a single ticket either.
    I think you do know it but you're just afraid of getting it wrong. I should have thought speaking in the present tense was much easier than in the past or future tense - it's not that difficult but here goes anyway...(hope you don't mind any sp mistakes as I don't have a dictionary on me):

Enquiring about the arrival of a train: ¿A qué hora llega el tren de...(name of place)? - When does the train from....arrive?

Enquiring about when a train leaves: ¿A qué hora sale el proximo tren a ....(name of place)? - When does the next train from...leave?

Requesting a single ticket to a certain place: Un billete sencillo para ....(name of place), por favor - a single ticket for....please and even better: Un billete de ida y vuelta para ..., por favor - a return ticket for....please.

Easy! Remember certain phrases, take out the words you don't need and replace it with the appropriate one that will help you with your enquiry. Hope the above all make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I think you do know it but you're just afraid of getting it wrong. I should have thought speaking in the present tense was much easier than in the past or future tense - it's not that difficult but here goes anyway...(hope you don't mind any sp mistakes as I don't have a dictionary on me):

Enquiring about the arrival of a train: ¿A qué hora llega el tren de...(name of place)? - When does the train from....arrive?

Enquiring about when a train leaves: ¿A qué hora sale el proximo tren a ....(name of place)? - When does the next train from...leave?

Requesting a single ticket to a certain place: Un billete sencillo para ....(name of place), por favor - a single ticket for....please and even better: Un billete de ida y vuelta para ..., por favor - a return ticket for....please.

Easy! Remember certain phrases, take out the words you don't need and replace it with the appropriate one that will help you with your enquiry. Hope the above all make sense.
    Yes it does thank you very much for your help. I'm better at French because I learnt that first so Spanish is bit of a struggle. thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does thank you very much for your help. I'm better at French because I learnt that first so Spanish is bit of a struggle. thanks again
    Oh you're perfectly welcome since you haven't complained about any possible (likely) mispelling of a few spanish words Buena suerte - with your studies. Role plays are fine, just learn those phrases, relax and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Oh you're perfectly welcome since you haven't complained about any possible (likely) mispelling of a few spanish words Buena suerte - with your studies. Role plays are fine, just learn those phrases, relax and you'll be fine.
    yeah thanks I'm not looking too forward to it though, i'm okay at my pronounciation and am improving on constrcuting phrases but i'm not entirely confident so i suppose i've got to keep on practising. did you study spanish at gcse/a level? you're really good and I was wondering if you could help me constrcut some phrases regarding being ill and requring medical attnetion, so far I've got 'me duel la cabeza', and 'me duele el estomago' if that makes sense can you tell me how i ask for treatment at the chemist? thanks

ReputationRep:
    yeah thanks I'm not looking too forward to it though, i'm okay at my pronounciation and am improving on constrcuting phrases but i'm not entirely confident so i suppose i've got to keep on practising. did you study spanish at gcse/a level? you're really good and I was wondering if you could help me constrcut some phrases regarding being ill and requring medical attnetion, so far I've got 'me duele la cabeza', and 'me duele el estomago' - perfect - see you do know your Spanish! if that makes sense can you tell me how i ask for treatment at the chemist? thanks
    Useful phrases/vocab for reproting illness/and requesting treatment at the chemist:

Vocab: Duele, Mareo, vomite, alegia, resfriado, prescripción, dolor, fiebre, el hospital privado, temblar, una torcedura, el mareo en el avión, estar resfriado, hinchado/a - You also need to be able to name parts of the body that have been affected by illness or injury.

Phrases using key vocab to say you are not well: No me siento bien - (I don't feel well) or Me siento mal (I feel ill) - whatever you find the easiest to remember

Phrases to describe your symptoms: Tengo fiebre ( I have a temperature), Vomité (i've just been sick), Me alegia...(I'm allergic to...), Me mareo (I feel dizzy),

Requests at the chemist: Tienes algo para un resfriado ( have you got anything I can have for a cold), necesito (sp) algunas pañuelos de papel (I need some tissues), quiero algunas emplastos, por favor (i'd like some plasters please)...

See, all you need is some simple phrases to which you can insert complex vocab or extend to sentances using simple words such as 'tambien' etc. Hope that's been of some help. Answering your previous question - I only studied Spanish at GCSE but am quite fluent at Spanish because my mother's fluent at it.

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of your PM, I haven't got a clue. I think you should have a look at the AQA spec and talk to your teacher about a possible extension. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of your PM, I haven't got a clue. I think you should have a look at the AQA spec and talk to your teacher about a possible extension. Good luck.
    i did i don't think t's possible though but i got 16/16 on my speaking. thanks for checking my para for school but what does this mean? ¿Qué está vuetra asignatura peor? :confused: and what do i reply to it? TIA.

ReputationRep:
    i did i don't think t's possible though but i got 16/16 on my speaking. thanks for checking my para for school but what does this mean? ¿Qué está vuetra asignatura peor? :confused: and what do i reply to it? TIA.
    Arrrrghh! It's not that difficult! It's asking you what your worst subject is to which you can reply 'Soy muy malo en la física y no me gusta la historia' - just being random because I do like History!

ReputationRep:
    Arrrrghh! It's not that difficult! It's asking you what your worst subject is to which you can reply 'Soy muy malo en la física y no me gusta la historia' - just being random because I do like History!
    thanks thanks i'm still getting stuck with the tenses, i have the vocab but lack the abilty to change the word to suit the situation, thank you again for you help, you are a lifesaver but life is so unfair! got my test tommorow and then it'll be over, mel

ReputationRep:
    life is so unfair!
    Sickness of the soul is a personal weakness not a valid philosophy - sorry couldn't resist You'll be fine, practise makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Useful phrases/vocab for reproting illness/and requesting treatment at the chemist:

Vocab: Duele, Mareo, vomite, alegia, resfriado, prescripción, dolor, fiebre, el hospital privado, temblar, una torcedura, el mareo en el avión, estar resfriado, hinchado/a - You also need to be able to name parts of the body that have been affected by illness or injury.

Phrases using key vocab to say you are not well: No me siento bien - (I don't feel well) or Me siento mal (I feel ill) - whatever you find the easiest to remember

Phrases to describe your symptoms: Tengo fiebre ( I have a temperature), Vomité (i've just been sick), Me alegia...(I'm allergic to...), Me mareo (I feel dizzy),

Requests at the chemist: Tienes algo para un resfriado ( have you got anything I can have for a cold), necesito (sp) algunas pañuelos de papel (I need some tissues), quiero algunas emplastos, por favor (i'd like some plasters please)...

See, all you need is some simple phrases to which you can insert complex vocab or extend to sentances using simple words such as 'tambien' etc. Hope that's been of some help. Answering your previous question - I only studied Spanish at GCSE but am quite fluent at Spanish because my mother's fluent at it.
    show off but that's why i luv u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parkerboy)
    show off but that's why i luv u
    I don't understand, or at least I don't want to understand. Leave me alone.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.