Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    deleted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medaspiring)
    I got an E in Chemistry and a D in Biology. I really want to do medicine and am currently preparing for the UKCAT aswell. I know that if I continue I can bring these grades up. I'm not sure if I should retake as it could affect my chance of doing medicine. But if I don't my predicted gades will be low.
    My other grades were A in Sociology and C in English.
    Please give me advice I'm really stressing.
    Hey I'm in almost exactly the same position but I got an A in Psych, C in Bio, E in Chem and E in Physics. But the thing is I dont think you can apply for Medicine if you resit a year because it says A-Levels must be completed in two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doc.dolittle)
    Hey I'm in almost exactly the same position but I got an A in Psych, C in Bio, E in Chem and E in Physics. But the thing is I dont think you can apply for Medicine if you resit a year because it says A-Levels must be completed in two years.
    Yeah I've just been reading about it. I think I'm planning to continue however risky it sounds. And then apply for biomedicine. Then apply for medicine as a post graduate. I don't know if this is a good plan as its exceedingly difficult to get in to medicine as a post graduate than an undergraduate. What are you planning to do? Best of luck !

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in Sociology and a C in English but I really want to do medicine. Yeah I've just been reading about it. I think I'm planning to continue however risky it sounds. And then apply for biomedicine. Then apply for medicine as a post graduate. I don't know if this is a good plan as its exceedingly difficult to get in to medicine as a post graduate than an undergraduate. What are you planning to do? Best of luck !
    Yeah I have no idea what to do to be honest. I was thinking of going through the biomedical route as well but the thing is like only 2 or 3 people actually got transferred from majority of unis- im still researching it though.

ReputationRep:
    Join the navy. They will train you as part of your training in medicine.

ReputationRep:
    There are a number of unis that allow you to go into medicine with resits.

Lancaster and Liverpool (as long as you get at least CCC the first time around)

Exeter (but usually they want A*)

Plymouth, Brighton and Sussex also allow resits if you get AAB first time.

And east Anglia allows resits if you get ABB first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an E in Chemistry and a D in Biology. I really want to do medicine and am currently preparing for the UKCAT aswell. I know that if I continue I can bring these grades up. I'm not sure if I should retake as it could affect my chance of doing medicine. But if I don't my predicted gades will be low.
    My other grades were A in Sociology and C in English.
    Please give me advice I'm really stressing.
    You haven't failed.
    Work hard from the beginning of term and get good results in any tests/mocks you do, and try and convince your teachers to push your predicted grades up.
    Also you'll need to smash your UKCAT.
    It can be done with extreme dedication and hard work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have no idea what to do to be honest. I was thinking of going through the biomedical route as well but the thing is like only 2 or 3 people actually got transferred from majority of unis- im still researching it though.
    Yeah that's what worries me but it seems like my only hope at the moment. Alright best of luck. Do let me know what you decide I still haven't made my mind up. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what worries me but it seems like my only hope at the moment. Alright best of luck. Do let me know what you decide I still haven't made my mind up. Thanks!
    Same here but right now I'm just trying to smash my UKCAT which is next week.

ReputationRep:
    Same here but right now I'm just trying to smash my UKCAT which is next week.
    Good luck hopefully it'll go well!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.