Turn on thread page Beta

Have you been a victim of crime in the last 12 months? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you been a victim of crime in the last 12 months?
    Yes, I've been a victim of violent crime and non-violent crime in the last 12 months!
    5.71%
    Yes, I've been a victim of violent crime in the last 12 months!
    14.29%
    Yes, I've been a victim of non-violent crime in the last 12 months!
    28.57%
    No, I have not been a victim of crime in the last 12 months!
    51.43%
    No comment!
    0%

ReputationRep:
    With crime at the centre of political discussion and the lack of prison spaces available, just wanted to find out the average TSR users experience.

Have you been a victim of crime in the last 12 months?

Even if you haven't, do you feel safe?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not that I can recall.

Hrm - TSR is mainly peopled by middle class University students, who live in areas and lead lives that are less likely to bring them into contact with crime... (Not counting comitting drugs offences of their own )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alasdair_R)
    Not counting comitting drugs offences of their own
    Well, hmmmm

I have been in two minds whether or not to start another marijuana super thread, in the light of the recent political debate, and the oh so shocking revelation that came to light this morning about the home secretary :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Never been a victim. If you asked me If I have been a perpetrator of a crime now that would be a different kind of question,

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought that students, even middle class ones, would be living in . pretty ****ty areas while they are at university. Indeed, being identifyable as a student marks you out as a target for crime in university towns.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in the presence of blasphemy many times, That still counts, I think.

ReputationRep:
    quite a few times.

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

22% income tax? What the ****...

ReputationRep:
    Been verbally abused a couple of times. Does that count as a crime? It's probably ASBO-worthy.

Also been the victim of attempted crime - namely conmen - a few times.

Had a phone call the other day telling me that an important government message was waiting and all I had to do to receive it was press 5!?

ReputationRep:
    I had my car broken into within the past 12 months, so yep.

ReputationRep:
    Car broken into, stereo stolen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alasdair_R)
    Hrm - TSR is mainly peopled by middle class University students, who live in areas and lead lives that are less likely to bring them into contact with crime... (Not counting comitting drugs offences of their own )
    Tell that to Virginia Tech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Had a phone call the other day telling me that an important government message was waiting and all I had to do to receive it was press 5!?
    I got that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    wtf?
    Well, you press 5 and you've started a new phone call which will be directed to a premium rate number. The "message" will ramble on for a few minutes and when you get your bill lo and behold you have paid this con man's company a fair bit.

ReputationRep:
    I was walking home from a night out about a month and a half ago. These skallies shouted "what are you looking at?" I hadn't said anything, I didn't even know they were there. Anyway yeah, one headbutted me, I went dizzy. Then his mate punched me and bust my lip. Just one of those things, the guys were obviously out looking for a fight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dddd)
    I was walking home from a night out about a month and a half ago. These skallies shouted "what are you looking at?" I hadn't said anything, I didn't even know they were there. Anyway yeah, one headbutted me, I went dizzy. Then his mate punched me and bust my lip. Just one of those things, the guys were obviously out looking for a fight
    I'm sorry about that mate.

There are a lot of those idiots hanging around certain streets at night. Did you report the incident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1.9.8.4.)
    I'm sorry about that mate.

There are a lot of those idiots hanging around certain streets at night. Did you report the incident?
    Nah, its not worth the fuss. I haven't even let my family know about it lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.