Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,
    Sorry everyone is asking this but I've had a bit of a mare today on results day (as have many) and I'm looking for some advice. None of my teachers have answered my emails yet and my mum doesn't really understand it all!
    I took English Lit (new spec), History (new spec) and Philosophy and Ethics (old spec.) I was predicted AAB/ABB and honestly thought I'd got that today or done even better! In my mocks I got AAB so was pretty shocked this morning. I opened up a B in History, C in Philosophy and a D in English Lit. I was hoping to go to a Uni like Cardiff, Sussex or Exeter to do History but I don't think I'd even get an offer with grades like that...

Is it worth retaking the year even though English and History don't count? Or is it worth just sticking with the grades I've got which are pretty average and applying to Uni's with lower entry requirements like UWE and Oxford Brookes? Or risk not getting any offers and just applying through clearing next year?
    Thanks so much. Hope you all did well today.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Hey, with the changes that have happened with A-levels it may be worth requesting a remark. UWE and Brookes are of course lower int he rankings than your intial 3 but are all great universities, Bristol in particular is an incredible city to live in.

But yeah, i'd start with a remark, then judge form there and think about how important the university ranking is to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwyn)
    Hey, with the changes that have happened with A-levels it may be worth requesting a remark. UWE and Brookes are of course lower int he rankings than your intial 3 but are all great universities, Bristol in particular is an incredible city to live in.

But yeah, i'd start with a remark, then judge form there and think about how important the university ranking is to you.
    Going to send them off but my mum won't pay for them annoyingly! X

ReputationRep:

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by ellefrancessa)
    ah that sucks! how much are they?

ReputationRep:
    ah that sucks! how much are they?
    Think its around £30 a paper, if the grade doesnt go up, you don't get the money up. And it will come to £120 and not even sure if the grade will even go up

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.