Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I currently have 300 UCAS on 3 A levels (350 total inc AS), which isnt that high but it does meet the requirements. I have on total like 1 year work experience (currently working now even) and am planning to go uni this september.

My plan is next summer is to get an internship with HSBC (its nothing fancy, low requirement non-ib thing) - but more importantly I would like to gain a gap year opportunity with the BIG4 after my 2nd year.

The 2 choices is:

Loughborough - 4 year Sandiwch ACC + FINANCE
    City - 4 Year (optional) Economics + FINANCE.

Now if I went for the city route, i wouldnt have to do accomodation, and I will be able to continue my current job part time during the course. However, how much advantage would it be to go lboro - would it override the costs that I would lose (over accomodation/quitting job)?

ReputationRep:
    Well if your pure intention is to qualify as an accountnat doign ACCA or whatever, i know the lbro AccFin exempts you from nearly all 1st year exams. So i would say take that... but City is a top 60 uni (#53) whereas Lbro is #6 ... so i dno, you may ahve trouble getting into big 4 as ideally ti would be top 20 - 30 no? How about BM at kings perhaps? you'd be able to stay at home judging your in London, its not far from city. Or perhaps Rhul?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_Bag)
    Well if your pure intention is to qualify as an accountnat doign ACCA or whatever, i know the lbro AccFin exempts you from nearly all 1st year exams. So i would say take that... but City is a top 60 uni (#53) whereas Lbro is #6 ... so i dno, you may ahve trouble getting into big 4 as ideally ti would be top 20 - 30 no? How about BM at kings perhaps? you'd be able to stay at home judging your in London, its not far from city. Or perhaps Rhul?
    The OP wont get in because they dont meet the grade requirements. first you need AAB to realistically stand a chance. and are you kidding, that course is like one of the best they have to offer bar the usual (law, med etc) and they take 50% international so effectively 50 places anyway!

my cousin is at E&Y she didnt do that well in a-levels, did compsci in QM then did a masters and a few year work exp. hmmm come to think of it, thats was too much for a big4!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.