Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The European Organisation for Nuclear Research (Cern) has launched an investigation into a video filmed at night on its Geneva campus depicting a ritual human sacrifice.

The video, which circulated online, shows several individuals in black cloaks gathering in a main square at Europe’s top physics lab, in what appears to be an occult ceremony.

The video includes the stabbing of a woman. It is filmed from the perspective of a secret viewer watching from a window above who, as the ceremony reaches its climax, lets out a string of expletives and flees with the camera still running.

The ceremony appears to have occurred in front of a statue of the Hindu deity Shiva that is on permanent display at the complex, home of the Large Hadron Collider.

“These scenes were filmed on our premises but without official permission or knowledge,” a Cern spokeswoman told Agence France-Presse in an email.

“Cern does not condone this type of ceremony, which can give rise to misunderstandings about the scientific nature of our work.”

The “investigation” under way was an “internal matter”, she said. She further indicated that those responsible for the prank had access badges.

The video has raised questions about Cern’s real objectives.

Some scienticians have raised alarm over the theory that the Large Hadron Collider has opened a portal to Hell. They suggest that the scientists now need to perform regular human sacrifices to appease the demons and prevent a full scale invasion of the Earth.

Dismissing this as a prank, they suggest, is just an attempt to hide the truth from the general public.

Cern hosts machinery carrying out some of the world’s most elaborate particle research, including an enormously powerful proton smasher which many scientists fear might create a black hole powerful enough to destroy the Earth.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ists-suspected

ReputationRep:
    Buzz kills.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Seems next years April fools article was released early, either that or the Guardian is even Battier than I thought

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Some scienticians have raised alarm over the theory that the Large Hadron Collider has opened a portal to Hell.
    What exactly is a scientician?

ReputationRep:
    'a portal to hell' - They said.

(Original post by The Epicurean)
    What exactly is a scientician?
    You know, like those people who inject plants with alien DNA and ****

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Seems next years April fools article was released early, either that or the Guardian is even Battier than I thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I may have paraphrased some sections

ReputationRep:
    Good thing we voted to leave the EU or we would have had demons arriving on our shores and putting pressure on the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    Thats Satanism

ReputationRep:
    This would make a good film. I already had an idea similar to this.
    Time to get writing.

ReputationRep:
    wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truth88)
    Thats Satanism
    Last time I checked, human sacrifice and satanism weren't mutually inclusive.

ReputationRep:
    Whaaat

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of Angels and Demons tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I love it how people lose it on social media the moment something like this comes on, but most people don't seem to care when 1400 children in Rotherham are sexually exploited.

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is just like the anime Steins;gate!
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I love it how people lose it on social media the moment something like this comes on, but most people don't seem to care when 1400 children in Rotherham are sexually exploited.
    There's a lot of terrible things people seem to ignore. That's the world for you unfortunately 😕

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.