Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, would anyone that is experienced in writing letters of appeal/complaints to companies be willing to read my draft letter and offer counsel on it?

I would prefer to keep it to pm's for obvious reasons.

ReputationRep:
    anyone?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You may get more responses if you post more information on what you're appealing.

ReputationRep:
    resolved.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by loooopppyyy)
    I'm drafting an appeal for first year tuition fee loan out of a 3 year degree, completed a CertHE (over 1 year) last year, while acting on advice from two seperate advisors (I have phone call time, date and names of advisors I spoke to) that stated that I would be eligible for all 3 years, one even putting me on hold to confirm with a supervisor after I insisted they double checked before I committed to making real life changes.

Left both my old course and my assistant manager position at a local charity store after checking and rechecking that I would be eligible for ALL 3 years.
    Hi,

What type of course are you now looking to study?

ReputationRep:
    resolved
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by loooopppyyy)
    Hi Morven,

First I would like to reiterate its still only a draft letter as my application is still processing, however after your reply to one of my other posts the other day, posts from others that have had it rejected after studying a CertHE (contradicting the information your advisors gave me) and it taking so long for my claim to be processed, I just wanted my appeal drafted and ready to go if I'm unsuccessful, as I'm in danger of not being accepted in time for my course to start (starts 19/09/16) if I have to go through the whole stage 1/2 appeal process which I heard can take weeks.

I started a BSc in Computing and IT last year with The Open University, after enjoying the Computer Science side more and deciding that working full-time and studying part-time distance learning (35 hours a week) via a part-time tuition fee loan was too much, I finished my first year with distinction grades and contacted yourselves to discuss the eligibility of funding if I initiated an exit qualification which I could use to apply to Universities as I don't hold any A-levels (Certificate of Higher Education in Computing and IT), I was told if I decided to start a BSc in Computing Science from year 1 I would still be eligible for all 3 years due to the gift year rule, after also asking about whether I would be eligible for first year funding he agreed this would be the case as the overall degree is higher than the qualification I received last year.

A few days later after initiating an exit qualification I wanted to be 100% sure that I would still be eligible before handing my work notice in, a different advisor still confirmed that I would be eligible, even putting me on hold to speak to someone I imagine was his supervisor to double check this, I finally finished the phone call asking if he was 100% sure this information was correct and he agreed.

My doubts are over my younger brothers application going through alot quicker than mine, with mine taking so long and my course starting pretty soon, I'm in serious panic mode, I spoke to one of your advisors again today where she said that everything looks like its going to go through, however theres still a final processing/approval process?

I like to keep all my bases checked as you can probably see by me drafting this and double checking with multiple people, so as you can see this is quite a stressful situation for someone like me, I was just wanting someone to check my appeal letter with me omitting all personal data from the draft to increase my chance of success in an appeal if needed!

Hi

Normally if you are now doing a higher level qualification on a full time basis, we would take the length of your new course (if the new course is 1 or 2 years this number is 3) +1 gift year - any years previous study.

Therefore if your new course is 3 years long, and you are studying part time, the calculation would be as follows 3+1-1= 3 years entitlement. However you stated you studied at the Open University, which means your study would have been classed as part time.

If you are studying a higher level than the qualification already gained, then the above calculation will be applied, if now studying full time.

If you are studying at the same level as a qualification you previously gained on a part time basis you will not receive funding for your tuition fees.

If you didn't gain a qualification from your year at the open university, and are now looking to study full time, the year you have already done will not be taken into consideration.

If you are now studying part time and gained no qualification, you have a further 15 years part time funding available.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    resolved

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.