The Student Room Group

Failed my AS . Need Advise

Hi guys, today i got my AS results back and i miserably failed my Maths and Physics. ( i got a U for both).
i was planning to do aeronautical engineering at uni but with those grades my school is not willing me to retake in january as all my mock exams and predictions were A and B. My physics teacher requested me to retake and stay on the course in year 13 however the school rejected his request. so i now i have to choose two new courses A-level or BTEC, i am not willing to do any BTECs so what course ould be the best?
offers.jpg
Those are the offers that i can chhose from. i am only willing to choose courses that can lead me to engineering or architecture.
or should i change a school and tart all over again? or study those subjects on my own iwth a tutor?
Thanks!
Original post by yongpei
Hi guys, today i got my AS results back and i miserably failed my Maths and Physics. ( i got a U for both).
i was planning to do aeronautical engineering at uni but with those grades my school is not willing me to retake in january as all my mock exams and predictions were A and B. My physics teacher requested me to retake and stay on the course in year 13 however the school rejected his request. so i now i have to choose two new courses A-level or BTEC, i am not willing to do any BTECs so what course ould be the best?
offers.jpg
Those are the offers that i can chhose from. i am only willing to choose courses that can lead me to engineering or architecture.
or should i change a school and tart all over again? or study those subjects on my own iwth a tutor?
Thanks!

You need to consider why you got both Us and whether it was because you lacked motivated and didn't revise or whether it's because A-levels isn't really for you.

You probably need to do something like Product Design or something or maybe even Art for Architecture? And for Engineering you would need either; Chemistry, Physics or Maths or maybe 2/3 for most unis.

Your best bet is to retake A-levels and make sure you work hard!!
Reply 2
I already no th reason why I failed those 2 subjects and my plan was to retake all my A-levels however my school is not allowing me to do so. They are forcing me to drop maths and physics and pick up art and extended project to go with my graphics and Chinese. Do you thing that is a good idea?
Original post by yongpei
I already no th reason why I failed those 2 subjects and my plan was to retake all my A-levels however my school is not allowing me to do so. They are forcing me to drop maths and physics and pick up art and extended project to go with my graphics and Chinese. Do you thing that is a good idea?

Personally I feel school at A levels is a waste.U just waste the whole day doing nothing.I was in a similiar positian as u and they told me to do different subjects.Thats where I said to myself "WTF."If u are thinking to do engi,I would retake the modules as a private candidate.Maths is pretty much needed and helps ALOT with engi.Hope it helps.

Quick Reply

Latest