Goblet of fire 100%

Incidently also the best film because of Harry and Ron's hair

Spoiler

Worth waiting for.
Original post by Fox Corner
Goblet of fire 100%

Spoiler

LOL literally no one bothered to get a haircut that year. Dunno how I only just realised but those two had the same hairstyles each year
Phoenix!
Reply 5
Original post by Fox Corner
Goblet of fire 100%

Spoiler

Ditto
Boooo Phoenix drags on with Harry whining all the time
Reply 7
Order of the Phoenix I love the whole OWLs section :smile:
Original post by vlb206
Order of the Phoenix I love the whole OWLs section :smile:

Damn I forgot about the OWLs! OK that bit is good
I really can't decide to be honest! Stone, Fire, Phoenix were all really good. I think I especially loved the newness to the first one! Felt very magic!
Original post by Professor Oak
Which is your favourite?

Order of the Phoenix for me though

Edit: Okay that image wasn't meant to be that big :lol: Least you can see it in its full glory
(edited 7 years ago)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone- simply for the pure magic it brought us!
That's a tough question they are all great in their own way! Funnily enough I have actually started to write a novel similar to that of Harry Potter. I am aiming to get it published once I have finished writing it.
Original post by Harold Godwinson
That's a tough question they are all great in their own way! Funnily enough I have actually started to write a novel similar to that of Harry Potter. I am aiming to get it published once I have finished writing it.

That's really cool! You could be the next JK Rowling :tongue:

On a completely unrelated sidenote, I saw your username and I was like... where the hell have I seen that name before? Then I realised it was from when I did AS History and I did the Normans :lol: Had a trip down memory lane there! (Sorry for the life story :wink:)
Original post by PugDevil
That's really cool! You could be the next JK Rowling :tongue:

On a completely unrelated sidenote, I saw your username and I was like... where the hell have I seen that name before? Then I realised it was from when I did AS History and I did the Normans :lol: Had a trip down memory lane there! (Sorry for the life story :wink:)

No need to apologise! I didn't take GCSE or As history (I wanted to but my school wouldn't let me) it's more of a personal hobby. I love history.
This is such a hard questions!

Philosopher's stone is great, but way too short
Chamber of Secrets is good, but Harry is a bit too annoying here
I love Prisoner of Azkaban, but I just get tired of Ron and Hermione fighting constantly, although it is realistic...
Goblet of Fire is really good, but Ron is annoying (even more so than usual...)
Order of the Phoenix is really good and I often come back to it (I love the OWLs section, can't explain why :lol:) although Harry is just constantly angry and it gets annoying, but yeah, it's realistic and whatnot, so I can't really fault it...
Half-Blood Prince is probably one of my least favourites, Harry as always is annoying, Ron and Hermione are constantly arguing, not to mention Harry is obsessed with Draco
Deathly Hallows
is also really good! Wouldn't say it's my favourite, though, and I'm still not sure how I feel on the conclusion... Other than that, it's an amazing book I think :biggrin:

I guess most of my issues is with characters having arguments, or being a bit naive, which gives them realism, and actually are done quite well, but it just feels like friends fighting, and I hate that :frown:

TL;DR I don't really know :colondollar:
Original post by Harold Godwinson
No need to apologise! I didn't take GCSE or As history (I wanted to but my school wouldn't let me) it's more of a personal hobby. I love history.

Blasphemy! That's great to hear about loving history - I find that it's really good inspiration for writing stories (I'm writing a novel too) :biggrin:
This should be in Books, Literature and Comics. :noway:

Entertainment ST grumbles aside, I voted Prisoner of Azkaban.
Original post by PugDevil
Blasphemy! That's great to hear about loving history - I find that it's really good inspiration for writing stories (I'm writing a novel too) :biggrin:

That's cool! I've written an older piece about The Saxon King Harold Godwinsons defeat at Hastings and his life in the aftermath. His fallen comrades and how his people are subject to vicious Norman occupation. I stopped working on it awhile ago, but now I'm thinking about it I had some great work on it. Maybe I should pick up where I left off. Between you and me there is a massive gap in the literature market for historical novels. I'll follow you! :smile:
Most of the votes are for GoF, that used to be my favourite until I re-read them last month and Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows were defo the ones for me. Voted for Deathly Hallows for this poll. I could never vote for OoTP though, that book is too depressing what with no one believing Harry that Voldemort was back and then Sirius dying

Quick Reply

Latest