Vote for the best Harry Potter book

Watch
Poll: Which is the best Harry Potter book?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2)
5.41%
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2)
5.41%
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (8)
21.62%
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (14)
37.84%
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (6)
16.22%
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2)
5.41%
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (3)
8.11%
Professor Oak
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Which is your favourite?
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Professor Oak)
Which is your favourite?
Goblet of fire 100%

Incidently also the best film because of Harry and Ron's hair
Spoiler:
Show

See? Ridiculous
Professor Oak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Goblet of fire 100%

Spoiler:
Show

See? Ridiculous
Worth waiting for.
nahida1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Goblet of fire 100%

Spoiler:
Show

See? Ridiculous
LOL literally no one bothered to get a haircut that year. Dunno how I only just realised but those two had the same hairstyles each year
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Phoenix!
Mr T
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Goblet of fire 100%

Spoiler:
Show

See? Ridiculous
Ditto
Professor Oak
Rep:
?
Boooo Phoenix drags on with Harry whining all the time
vlb206
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Order of the Phoenix I love the whole OWLs section
Professor Oak
Rep:
?
(Original post by vlb206)
Order of the Phoenix I love the whole OWLs section
Damn I forgot about the OWLs! OK that bit is good
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really can't decide to be honest! Stone, Fire, Phoenix were all really good. I think I especially loved the newness to the first one! Felt very magic!
PugDevil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Professor Oak)
Which is your favourite?

Order of the Phoenix for me though

Edit: Okay that image wasn't meant to be that big :lol: Least you can see it in its full glory
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone- simply for the pure magic it brought us!
Harold Godwinson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's a tough question they are all great in their own way! Funnily enough I have actually started to write a novel similar to that of Harry Potter. I am aiming to get it published once I have finished writing it.
PugDevil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Harold Godwinson)
That's a tough question they are all great in their own way! Funnily enough I have actually started to write a novel similar to that of Harry Potter. I am aiming to get it published once I have finished writing it.
That's really cool! You could be the next JK Rowling

On a completely unrelated sidenote, I saw your username and I was like... where the hell have I seen that name before? Then I realised it was from when I did AS History and I did the Normans :lol: Had a trip down memory lane there! (Sorry for the life story )
Harold Godwinson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PugDevil)
That's really cool! You could be the next JK Rowling

On a completely unrelated sidenote, I saw your username and I was like... where the hell have I seen that name before? Then I realised it was from when I did AS History and I did the Normans :lol: Had a trip down memory lane there! (Sorry for the life story )
No need to apologise! I didn't take GCSE or As history (I wanted to but my school wouldn't let me) it's more of a personal hobby. I love history.
Gogregg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is such a hard questions!

Philosopher's stone is great, but way too short
Chamber of Secrets is good, but Harry is a bit too annoying here
I love Prisoner of Azkaban, but I just get tired of Ron and Hermione fighting constantly, although it is realistic...
Goblet of Fire is really good, but Ron is annoying (even more so than usual...)
Order of the Phoenix is really good and I often come back to it (I love the OWLs section, can't explain why :lol:) although Harry is just constantly angry and it gets annoying, but yeah, it's realistic and whatnot, so I can't really fault it...
Half-Blood Prince is probably one of my least favourites, Harry as always is annoying, Ron and Hermione are constantly arguing, not to mention Harry is obsessed with Draco
Deathly Hallows
is also really good! Wouldn't say it's my favourite, though, and I'm still not sure how I feel on the conclusion... Other than that, it's an amazing book I think

I guess most of my issues is with characters having arguments, or being a bit naive, which gives them realism, and actually are done quite well, but it just feels like friends fighting, and I hate that

TL;DR I don't really know
PugDevil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Harold Godwinson)
No need to apologise! I didn't take GCSE or As history (I wanted to but my school wouldn't let me) it's more of a personal hobby. I love history.
Blasphemy! That's great to hear about loving history - I find that it's really good inspiration for writing stories (I'm writing a novel too)
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This should be in Books, Literature and Comics. :noway:

Entertainment ST grumbles aside, I voted Prisoner of Azkaban.
Harold Godwinson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PugDevil)
Blasphemy! That's great to hear about loving history - I find that it's really good inspiration for writing stories (I'm writing a novel too)
That's cool! I've written an older piece about The Saxon King Harold Godwinsons defeat at Hastings and his life in the aftermath. His fallen comrades and how his people are subject to vicious Norman occupation. I stopped working on it awhile ago, but now I'm thinking about it I had some great work on it. Maybe I should pick up where I left off. Between you and me there is a massive gap in the literature market for historical novels. I'll follow you!
nahida1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most of the votes are for GoF, that used to be my favourite until I re-read them last month and Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows were defo the ones for me. Voted for Deathly Hallows for this poll. I could never vote for OoTP though, that book is too depressing what with no one believing Harry that Voldemort was back and then Sirius dying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads