Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This sounds so tedious and silly lol but ive burnt two fingers on my straightners and THEY WILL NOT STOP STINGING and its driving me insane and iv put them in cold water for 20 mins and its still stinging! any methods that are good to stop the stinging???????

ReputationRep:
    what ever you do, DONt use ice.
    Apply some antiseptic cream perhaps, aloe vera is the best if you have any.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If you've got some ice-stick it in a sandwich bag or similar and then cover with a tea towel or several pieces of kitchen roll and keep that on it for a while. It will stop stinging eventually, just be patient
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by blackswan)
    what ever you do, DONt use ice.
    Not directly on it at any rate...

ReputationRep:
    Germolene might help. It's fairly cheap (a coupla quid?) and it acts as both antiseptic and anaesthetic.

Also, wrap your fingers in a bandage if the pain in that bad. The pharmacist will point you to the best one for a burn.

ReputationRep:
    erm... ive got bonjela does that count??btw im typing one handed... hah... OWWW!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Fruitcakex)
    erm... ive got bonjela does that count??btw im typing one handed... hah... OWWW!
    bonjela is for mouth ulcers If the burn isn't that bad-more just a quick surface burn then you should be fine without the cream. Its going to sting but it won't last long.

ReputationRep:
    i did it with sraightners on full heat i now have two lines on each finger.. how stylish : /

ReputationRep:
    Germolene and if possible a bandage always works for me. Try not thinking about it too much as well though.

ReputationRep:
    Pain killers.

ReputationRep:
    ive put germolene on people and it still hurts!!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well its not gonna make the pain magically disappear-its more to prevent infection really cos its antiseptic.

ReputationRep:
    oh.. well il just have to keep on doing everything one handed until it stops

ReputationRep:
    Go get some calamine and glycerin cream from boots.
    Or there's a spray called burneeze which is meant to be really cooling.

ReputationRep:
    wrap it in cling film...that's for scalds, but it might work.

ReputationRep:
    get a pillow and punch it Take your pain and turn it into aggression! grrr!

Either that or put ice on it with towels as someone suggested, if it gets cold enough it can numb it

Any pain killers you got really, ibuprofen?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for your advice :] luckily im going into town soon so il do what Lucy 88 said and get that cream stuff, and il get some ibuprofen whilst im there, thanks Jamesb283
    And if this Disco Pirate person can conclude that im a ***** off this internet forum because i didnt do what he said then... good for him : /

Erm, if you actually did what i said instead of just moaning, then your fingers would no longer be hurting.
    That's the last time i give you advise.

ReputationRep:
    don't put any creams/moisturisers on it..

just keep it cold.

you might want to cover it with clingfilm to prevent infection, but I don't think your burn is that serious.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder why your temporarily banned then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.