Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just debating it with my friend.

were planning on going to WHSMITH
    @ midnight.

shes preordered a copy. I havn't.

shes saying im not going to be able to get one, becuase its only people who have preorderd them who can collect them. As they wont have enough books.

is this true?

shes worried me now!

:s

ReputationRep:
    I'd do it just in case- however I don't think they will run out of copies....

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Waterstones at midnight. I pre-ordered as I'll get it half-price this way I went to the midnight release of the sixth and you literally walked up to a pile of hundreds of books, picked one up and took it to the counter.

I'm sure you'll be able to get one but it is better to be safe and it probably depends on the size of the store

ReputationRep:
    You can still go get a copy without having pre-ordered it however it's not guaranteed that you'll get a copy

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the same issues, but I'm going to Tesco. My dad thinks that there will be people queuing to buy them (at midnight), but I think that there will be plenty of copies so I will be able to just pick one up. Should I pre-order, just in case?

ReputationRep:
    You might as well pre-order but supermarkets never sell out tbh .. if any store does it will probably be somewhere like Waterstones

ReputationRep:
    Well for HP&HBP people came into my main bookshop and bought them there and then!!! And cuz there was just a few....they didnt have to Q, there was ONE check out left open for these people!!

But it all depends on the bookshop really!!

Ill have no problem getting my copy tonight as my relative now works in this bookshop...............hee hee
    Its Pre-Ordered too, so Ill get a goodie bag again!!

ReputationRep:
    Well... I was planning on being at the beach for the midnight party, but just yesterday found out that I will still be in my Uni town. So, I called up a local bookstore here and they made it sound like they had PLENTY of books and that I could show up whenever and I would definitely get one. From the way she talked to me she made out like anyone who shows up and has the cash can get one.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.