Is doing AS and A2 in one year worth it?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    i got my results and got 2 Bs which i'm going to continue to do in A2. The other 2 subjects i failed so im going to drop it.

I am thinking of taking As Rs and also doing A2 Rs so i complete it in one year
    OR
    shall i do 2 a levels and 1 btec?

I'm in your exact position right now. I definitely need some advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ministopher)
    same i'm a bit confused on what to do, i dont what to take an As alone because then next year im only going to be doing A2 for one subject.

(Original post by a012)
    same i'm a bit confused on what to do, i dont what to take an As alone because then next year im only going to be doing A2 for one subject.
    Worst position to be in right now, I'm so close to retaking the entire year. Speaking of, think you could be any help?
    So, I passed two of my AS Level subjects and got E's in my other two subjects. Can't really comment on it, because I worked my butt off for these exams. That one day where I had a clash with my subjects honestly just ruined it for ME. Unfortunately, at my college, you're required to get 3 grades above a D to continue to Yr 13 which I haven't achieved. I talked to my head about it and he said I'm definitely staying in the college but I still have to make an appeal via email. Now, the question is, can anyone tell me how on earth I should start this email because I am overthinking too much and I've written the email and scrapped the email a number of times now!

ReputationRep:
    Worst position to be in right now, I'm so close to retaking the entire year. Speaking of, think you could be any help?
    So, I passed two of my AS Level subjects and got E's in my other two subjects. Can't really comment on it, because I worked my butt off for these exams. That one day where I had a clash with my subjects honestly just ruined it for ME. Unfortunately, at my college, you're required to get 3 grades above a D to continue to Yr 13 which I haven't achieved. I talked to my head about it and he said I'm definitely staying in the college but I still have to make an appeal via email. Now, the question is, can anyone tell me how on earth I should start this email because I am overthinking too much and I've written the email and scrapped the email a number of times now!
    i don't know if im going to be any of help but maybe start it of with your situation and that you would like to retake and say why.

ReputationRep:
    For you I would say Retake the year. Explain the clashing of subjects and other difficulties and mildly suggest that the school could offer more help or that you'd promise to seek it when necessary.

(Original post by a012)
    i got my results and got 2 Bs which i'm going to continue to do in A2. The other 2 subjects i failed so im going to drop it.

OR
    I think you should try and do it in one year. I knew a girl who did this and it worked out fine for her. As long as the School supports you and you are motivated then it should work out fine.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it!! Do it all in one year. RS is a very doable subject. I got AAE at AS level, so I dropped the E which was in Maths. This year, I did AS and A2 Geography in one year and achieved a B grade, and maintained my As in my other 2 subjects. If you think this is the right subject for you and are determined to do it all in a year, then don't hold back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a012)

OR
    A guy in my halls last year did maths and further maths AS and A2 in a year and got A* in both. However he was an absolute genius and I would say most people would not be able to do that and get such a high grade

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.