Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was made an offer of A*AA for English Literature at Durham, which I accepted as my firm choice. I received my results and I got AAA, but was only one UMS point off an A* in one of my three subjects. I have requested a re-mark and have informed Durham admissions of this. They told me that they are still considering my application as it stands, but that I should let them know if my re-mark comes back successful.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for Durham to reach a decision? They have told me to check my UCAS track regularly, but I have no idea how long it is going to take! Any help or info would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cm1010)
    Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for Durham to reach a decision? They have told me to check my UCAS track regularly, but I have no idea how long it is going to take! Any help or info would be much appreciated
    Hopefully, they'll still accept you...

Universities are really worried about getting a huge cut to EU students in the next few years so I'm actually expecting them to be a lot more lenient this year and next...

It's not as clear cut as you think. Universities' first priority is securing money.

Best of luck,

SS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cm1010)
    I was made an offer of A*AA for English Literature at Durham, which I accepted as my firm choice. I received my results and I got AAA, but was only one UMS point off an A* in one of my three subjects. I have requested a re-mark and have informed Durham admissions of this. They told me that they are still considering my application as it stands, but that I should let them know if my re-mark comes back successful.

According to the Durham website, all decisions for 'near-misses' will be made by 8pm Wednesday 24th Aug for students with full set of results.

Check out:
    www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduates/applicants/offerholders/lowergrades/

This section of the website also tells you the policy regarding remarks.

Good luck

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.