The Student Room Group

Is it worth a remark?

So today I got my results and I got a B in AS law, which I know isn't terrible but I was/am aiming for an A both this year and next. For law 01 I got a C with 66/100 and for law 02 I got a B with 75/100. The thing is, when I sat my law01 exam I felt I'd done really well and I wasn't expecting a C. Is it worth a remark? I know it won't make a difference to my AS but will it make any difference at A2 considering I'm aiming for an A?
Edit: forgot to add I've got an A in every one of my assessments this year
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
This is exactly the same as me I've never got below an A in any of my assessments so was so shocked to see a B on my results yesterday. I'm getting both my papers remarked as anything extra will help towards A2 x
Reply 2
I know the feeling!!! I'm 2UMS off an A at the moment so I'm going to get them remarked, I was shocked to see a B because I just did everything my law tutors said to do
Reply 3
Original post by AfcFob
I know the feeling!!! I'm 2UMS off an A at the moment so I'm going to get them remarked, I was shocked to see a B because I just did everything my law tutors said to do

Same I did exactly what my teacher said and I didn't think Unit 1 could've gone any better. A B isn't bad but was definitely expecting an A. Bit worried about this new system of remarking I think it's gonna be a lot harder to go up now!
Reply 4
Original post by hge
Same I did exactly what my teacher said and I didn't think Unit 1 could've gone any better. A B isn't bad but was definitely expecting an A. Bit worried about this new system of remarking I think it's gonna be a lot harder to go up now!

I know a B is good but I just thought my law exams went so well that an A was inevitable. I memorised every answer my law tutors created for us and I still didn't get an A
Reply 5
Original post by abigayle_aloud
So today I got my results and I got a B in AS law, which I know isn't terrible but I was/am aiming for an A both this year and next. For law 01 I got a C with 66/100 and for law 02 I got a B with 75/100. The thing is, when I sat my law01 exam I felt I'd done really well and I wasn't expecting a C. Is it worth a remark? I know it won't make a difference to my AS but will it make any difference at A2 considering I'm aiming for an A?
Edit: forgot to add I've got an A in every one of my assessments this year

I got 100% in every law01 exam this year and in my final exam which i thought went just as well i got 67 UMS a C, i was so shocked because i was expecting well above 80 UMS maybe even above 90 UMS, it's definetely worth a remark if it is unexpected my law tutor was telling me how everyone's law01 UMS was low this this and she advices me to pay for a check so she can read it to see whether a remark will improve my grade.

Quick Reply

Latest