Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So today I got my results and I got a B in AS law, which I know isn't terrible but I was/am aiming for an A both this year and next. For law 01 I got a C with 66/100 and for law 02 I got a B with 75/100. The thing is, when I sat my law01 exam I felt I'd done really well and I wasn't expecting a C. Is it worth a remark? I know it won't make a difference to my AS but will it make any difference at A2 considering I'm aiming for an A?
    Edit: forgot to add I've got an A in every one of my assessments this year

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly the same as me I've never got below an A in any of my assessments so was so shocked to see a B on my results yesterday. I'm getting both my papers remarked as anything extra will help towards A2 x

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling!!! I'm 2UMS off an A at the moment so I'm going to get them remarked, I was shocked to see a B because I just did everything my law tutors said to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    I know the feeling!!! I'm 2UMS off an A at the moment so I'm going to get them remarked, I was shocked to see a B because I just did everything my law tutors said to do
    Same I did exactly what my teacher said and I didn't think Unit 1 could've gone any better. A B isn't bad but was definitely expecting an A. Bit worried about this new system of remarking I think it's gonna be a lot harder to go up now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hge)
    Same I did exactly what my teacher said and I didn't think Unit 1 could've gone any better. A B isn't bad but was definitely expecting an A. Bit worried about this new system of remarking I think it's gonna be a lot harder to go up now!
    I know a B is good but I just thought my law exams went so well that an A was inevitable. I memorised every answer my law tutors created for us and I still didn't get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigayle_aloud)
    So today I got my results and I got a B in AS law, which I know isn't terrible but I was/am aiming for an A both this year and next. For law 01 I got a C with 66/100 and for law 02 I got a B with 75/100. The thing is, when I sat my law01 exam I felt I'd done really well and I wasn't expecting a C. Is it worth a remark? I know it won't make a difference to my AS but will it make any difference at A2 considering I'm aiming for an A?
    Edit: forgot to add I've got an A in every one of my assessments this year
    I got 100% in every law01 exam this year and in my final exam which i thought went just as well i got 67 UMS a C, i was so shocked because i was expecting well above 80 UMS maybe even above 90 UMS, it's definetely worth a remark if it is unexpected my law tutor was telling me how everyone's law01 UMS was low this this and she advices me to pay for a check so she can read it to see whether a remark will improve my grade.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.