The Student Room Group

[AS] Not what i was expecting......

So i got my AS results today and I got:

A- Psychology AQA
C- Biology Salters Nuffield
C- Sociology AQA

I really want to go to Liverpool John Moores to study Forensic Psychology with Criminal Justice which requires 300 UCAS points however i'll be applying to UNI with my AS grades and my predicted grades.

My Q is..

What are the chances of being accepted for the course based on my AS results alone AND if i were predicted A* C C for next year would that be enough to be accepted for the course or would i need higher grades to improve my chances?
Original post by Rigby16
So i got my AS results today and I got:

A- Psychology AQA
C- Biology Salters Nuffield
C- Sociology AQA

I really want to go to Liverpool John Moores to study Forensic Psychology with Criminal Justice which requires 300 UCAS points however i'll be applying to UNI with my AS grades and my predicted grades.

My Q is..

What are the chances of being accepted for the course based on my AS results alone AND if i were predicted A* C C for next year would that be enough to be accepted for the course or would i need higher grades to improve my chances?

Provided that you meet the requirements for the universities that you're looking at, then you have a good chance in terms of getting a place :smile:
Generally everyone who meets the grade requirements has a fairly even playing field. Everyone who doesn't meet the requirements is rejected, and from there applicants are chosen for interview/offer based on their personal statement, work experience etc. As long as you meet the requirements you have a good chance :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Slowbro93
Provided that you meet the requirements for the universities that you're looking at, then you have a good chance in terms of getting a place :smile:

But thats exactly what I'm asking....haha :smile: With A CC at AS does that put me in good stead for a course that requires 300 UCAS points or will predicted grades of A* C C be enough?
Original post by Rigby16
But thats exactly what I'm asking....haha :smile: With A CC at AS does that put me in good stead for a course that requires 300 UCAS points or will predicted grades of A* C C be enough?

Should be, as it's 300 UCAS points there :h:

Quick Reply

Latest