Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I got an offer from QMUL this morning through adjustment after spending hours and hours on hold, and I got the confirmation email and everything to say I have been made an offer. I was told in this email I had to accept on track or something before 6am on the 19th (tomorrow) or my place would be given away. I was also told on the phone UCAS track would update to show QMUL at around 3pm

Its now nearly 6pm and I have nothing showing up on track, I've rang the admissions office twice, the first time they said I had been put through clearing by accident so put me into adjustment, and the second time they said I was accepted but I didn't need to accept anything on track. Really confused, I thought for adjustment you are meant to get track notifications to confirm your place?

Slightly stressing out now. I have nothing coming through on track to confirm and I'm worried that if I dont confirm this track offer that I havent got I'll get rejected. Being told different things by everyone I speak too, really confused, can anyone give me advice or anything as to what I should be doing?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    You do have to confirm on track.
    Ring them again, take the name of whoever you're speaking to and let QM know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    You do have to confirm on track.
    Ring them again, take the name of whoever you're speaking to and let QM know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply. I tried to ring them again on a few different numbers (clearing, admissions etc) but couldnt get through to anyone. UCAS has also stopped receiving calls. Really unsure what the hell im meant to be doing, still nothing on track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmr98)
    Thanks for the reply. I tried to ring them again on a few different numbers (clearing, admissions etc) but couldnt get through to anyone. UCAS has also stopped receiving calls. Really unsure what the hell im meant to be doing, still nothing on track
    call call and call again. If they say the same thing about not having to confirm it then ask them to send you an email saying that you have accepted the offer and don't need to confirm it on track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmr98)
    Keep bugging them and tell them you have a deadline and it's very urgent. Maybe track is just acting slow.

If you really can't get hold of UCAS, phone up QM and ask them to kindly extend your deadline for these reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Keep bugging them and tell them you have a deadline and it's very urgent. Maybe track is just acting slow.

If you really can't get hold of UCAS, phone up QM and ask them to kindly extend your deadline for these reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have been on hold for the last 30 mins, can't get through at all. Cant get through at all on phones, I've even tried tweeting them and emailing to no avail. Really stuck. Hope its just that track is being slow. Desperately want this place Thank you all for the advice. Will just have to wait and see I suppose as I cant contact anyone at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmr98)
    Have been on hold for the last 30 mins, can't get through at all. Cant get through at all on phones, I've even tried tweeting them and emailing to no avail. Really stuck. Hope its just that track is being slow. Desperately want this place Thank you all for the advice. Will just have to wait and see I suppose as I cant contact anyone at all
    Have you tried contacting QM?
    I really hope you get this place as something similar happened with me last year and they were quite firm with accepting on track.
    No worries, hope you get the place

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried contacting QM?
    I really hope you get this place as something similar happened with me last year and they were quite firm with accepting on track.
    No worries, hope you get the place

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've tried in every possible way I can think of besides actually turning up on campus but nothing is happening I've seen some people saying that sometimes track can take a while and I so hope its that cause I actually feel like crying, I've wanted to go to this uni for 2 years what happened in the end with yours, did you get it on track or did you have to keep on annoying the uni like I have been all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmr98)
    I've tried in every possible way I can think of besides actually turning up on campus but nothing is happening I've seen some people saying that sometimes track can take a while and I so hope its that cause I actually feel like crying, I've wanted to go to this uni for 2 years what happened in the end with yours, did you get it on track or did you have to keep on annoying the uni like I have been all day
    Your story is so similar to mine haha I'll PM you x

Btw don't go to their campus they won't do anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you logged onto UCAS Track and added a clearing choice. You must select Q50 Queen Mary University of London and the course code you have been provided with. Once you have done that it should appear under the section headed Your Choices (second from left). Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marj33)
    Have you logged onto UCAS Track and added a clearing choice. You must select Q50 Queen Mary University of London and the course code you have been provided with. Once you have done that it should appear under the section headed Your Choices (second from left). Hope this helps.

Thanks but can you do this if you are in adjustment (exceeding firm offer)? as I dont see any options to do so

ReputationRep:
    how do i add a clearing choice?? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmr98)
    Thanks but can you do this if you are in adjustment (exceeding firm offer)? as I dont see any options to do so
    How do I add a choice in UCAS track, I've currently found a better course in adjustment and I don't want my firm University. What shall I do ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danllo)
    How do I add a choice in UCAS track, I've currently found a better course in adjustment and I don't want my firm University. What shall I do ??
    Why is everyone asking me Im not in a great position to help you seeing as im stuck in adjustment hell

Register for adjustment on UCAS, you are only eligible to do if you are given the option too. Then call the uni on their clearing line and ask them
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by cmr98)
    Why is everyone asking me Im not in a great position to help you seeing as im stuck in adjustment hell

Register for adjustment on UCAS, you are only eligible to do if you are given the option too. Then call the uni on their clearing line and ask them
    Hi, was your problem resolved? I'd recommend phoning UCAS to find out whether it's a mistake on their part first as they are dealing with hundreds of people going through the same thing. I hope this is resolved, let me know if it's not and I'll make some inquiries -Sarah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Mary University of London)
    Hi, was your problem resolved? I'd recommend phoning UCAS to find out whether it's a mistake on their part first as they are dealing with hundreds of people going through the same thing. I hope this is resolved, let me know if it's not and I'll make some inquiries -Sarah
    Hi Sarah, I think it has been resolved now as I checked with your colleagues on the QMUL twitter who confirmed I had a place but Track was just slow to update. I also phoned UCAS who confirmed that the 6am deadline was because I had been mistakenly placed into Clearing, so nothing to worry about!

Many thanks for replying to my thread, and a thank you to all at QMUL and TSR for helping resolve this issue

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.