Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    -j

ReputationRep:
    Was the Brexit vote rigged? No.
    Did Gordon Brown cause the 2008 world wide banking crisis? No.

Next question?

ReputationRep:
    If the Brexit vote was rigged then they certainly didn't succeed. The government cleanly and obviously didn't want Britain to leave the EU.

In my view the Labour government under Brown didn't cause the recession outright, they merely had their role and were essentially a catalyst for the actions (or inaction of others). Brexit won't cause a recession in my view, I think the markets are beginning to adjust now.

ReputationRep:
    If it was rigged we'd still be in the EU

ReputationRep:
    It goes to show how out of touch politicians are if they think claiming a rich businessman/poncy MP is doing something therefore every else should will actually resonate with the public.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lockton)
    If the Brexit vote was rigged then they certainly didn't succeed. The government cleanly and obviously didn't want Britain to leave the EU.

In my view the Labour government under Brown didn't cause the recession outright, they merely had their role and were essentially a catalyst for the actions (or inaction of others). Brexit won't cause a recession in my view, I think the markets are beginning to adjust now.
    Brown kept us out of the Euro, Blair would have had us in. Imagine that.....

ReputationRep:
    No it wasn't. If anything most of the large political and powerful figures were against brexit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Was the Brexit vote rigged? No.
    Did Gordon Brown cause the 2008 world wide banking crisis? No.

Next question?
    Corybn or May?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Corybn or May?
    Never thought I would ever say this, but sadly, May. If Corbyn had a school report that summed up his leadership of the Labour Party, it would be, "Nice boy. Tries really hard."

Sadly, that isn't good enough for Prime Ministerial Material.

ReputationRep:
    I get the feeling Brexit was done undemocratically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoodle)
    I get the feeling Brexit was done undemocratically.
    well then youre stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    If it was rigged we'd still be in the EU
    You ARE still in the EU

ReputationRep:
    I guess everyone taking their own permanent pens to the polling booth with them made sure it wasn't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.