The Student Room Group

PA

Hi everyone
I am thinking of applying for this course but I am confused because I am not sure if I will be able to upgrade and be a Doctor as I wanted to apply for graduate entry medicine before I heard of this Course. Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade? or maybe I will be required to do 4 years in Medical School ?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by LaThin
Hi everyone
I am thinking of applying for this course but I am confused because I am not sure if I will be able to upgrade and be a Doctor as I wanted to apply for graduate entry medicine before I heard of this Course. Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade? or maybe I will be required to do 4 years in Medical School ?

Thank you

You can't upgrade - a PA is a different thing to a doctor. If you want to be a doctor you'd have to then do a medical degree. :smile:
Original post by LaThin
Hi everyone

Thank you

I know you can do a postgraduate entry into medicine as I know a few PA's who have done that. After they practised PA for like 6 years or more but the process of that I don't know really well. I am pretty sure in future it will be possible to upgrade as we do similar tasks anyway so there is no much different with regards to responsibilities. hope that helps
😁

Quick Reply

Latest