Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,
    Just like many of you I picked up my AS results today I got EEUU which was not what I expected at all as someone who eased through secondary school I'm just so shocked. When I got my results I immediately went home and now I'm in a state of confusion I tired to ring my college to see if I could carry on with my two Es because I know deep down I did not try my hardest at the start of the year but I thought I pulled it back and weather or no I can either restart one AS and be at college for a second year or do a Btec or even a fast track Btec so I can go to uni next year that has always been my goal to go to uni and to take neurology but I'm so confused at the moment. My college was not open as I rang around 5 o'clock they said they will get back to me but I may have to wait till the 2nd for a verdict hopefully we can sort it before then though.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbeatable38)
    Hello All,
    Just like many of you I picked up my AS results today I got EEUU which was not what I expected at all as someone who eased through secondary school I'm just so shocked. When I got my results I immediately went home and now I'm in a state of confusion I tired to ring my college to see if I could carry on with my two Es because I know deep down I did not try my hardest at the start of the year but I thought I pulled it back and weather or no I can either restart one AS and be at college for a second year or do a Btec or even a fast track Btec so I can go to uni next year that has always been my goal to go to uni and to take neurology but I'm so confused at the moment. My college was not open as I rang around 5 o'clock they said they will get back to me but I may have to wait till the 2nd for a verdict hopefully we can sort it before then though.
    Your best bet would be to resit the whole year. The good thing is that you have recognised where you have room for improvement, and so this shouldn't be repeated :nah: . Is there no one at school you can speak to before the 2nd?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I'm really sorry to hear that your results were not what you were hoping for It's good that you recognise what you can do to improve, though. How can you ensure that next year you try harder, and more importantly (for now!), how can you convince your school of this?

In the meantime you probably want to start having a look at neurology courses on UCAS and alternate entry requirements to A Levels in case a BTEC ends up being the best option.

I hope you hear back from your college soon and that it's good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Your best bet would be to resit the whole year. The good thing is that you have recognised where you have room for improvement, and so this shouldn't be repeated :nah: . Is there no one at school you can speak to before the 2nd?
    Yeah I have to ring up I tried ringing today after I composed myself but they had shut I will try phoning again tomorrow.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have to ring up I tired ringing today after I composed myself but they had shut I will try toning again tomorrow.
    Good! Let me know how it goes! . Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Hey there, I'm really sorry to hear that your results were not what you were hoping for It's good that you recognise what you can do to improve, though. How can you ensure that next year you try harder, and more importantly (for now!), how can you convince your school of this?

In the meantime you probably want to start having a look at neurology courses on UCAS and alternate entry requirements to A Levels in case a BTEC ends up being the best option.

I hope you hear back from your college soon and that it's good news
    Thanks I will look into btec courses but it's just such a specif field that I doubt it if I am allowed to carry on with biology which I got an E in but we did an internal test incase of something like this and retake psychology which I got a U in I could take a Btec and I only need those 2 for the uni specifications

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Good! Let me know how it goes! . Best of luck!
    Thanks sorry for the poor spelling I'm still a bit shooken up so typing is difficult.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks sorry for the poor spelling I'm still a bit shooken up so typing is difficult.
    That's completely understandable. It's a horrible time of the year. When this is all sorted out, you will feel relief (even if it seems a long way off), and everything will get a small bit easier

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.