When do you get remarks back? Watch

m3racer123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The deadline for non-priority remarks is the 20th of September. My question is, if I submit my script for review now, will I get it back sooner than if I submit it closer to the deadline? Or do they only start remarking after the 20th of September?

I want to submit for remark OCR AS Geography (Human module).
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by m3racer123)
The deadline for non-priority remarks is the 20th of September. My question is, if I submit my script for review now, will I get it back sooner than if I submit it closer to the deadline? Or do they only start remarking after the 20th of September?

If it's for AS exams, it won't matter when you get your grades back. They'll get marked after the priority remarks for A2 :yep:
m3racer123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Nirgilis)
If it's for AS exams, it won't matter when you get your grades back. They'll get marked after the priority remarks for A2 :yep:
I would like it back before my Oxford application deadline of October 15th - would it not be more likely to get the remark back earlier if I submit it earlier?
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would like it back before my Oxford application deadline of October 15th - would it not be more likely to get the remark back earlier if I submit it earlier?
Ask your exams officer, they will know, but I would assume the earlier you submit it, the earlier you get it back :yep:
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

A lot of it depends on how your school works. If the school submits it in the next few days it will be back before the end of August.
Benjiii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If I sent a priority remark yesterday, will it be back by the 31st August? Need it by then as it could possibly change the uni I get in to
Bigpaddy27
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Am i likely to go up 1 mark in my politics and german? Got priority remarks and not sure what my chances are...
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Benjiii)
If I sent a priority remark yesterday, will it be back by the 31st August? Need it by then as it could possibly change the uni I get in to
It depends a lot on the exam board but they should all be back by 31 August.. We had a few Edexcel re-marks back today, I'd expect OCR to get some back by Monday and AQA by the middle of next week.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bigpaddy27)
Am i likely to go up 1 mark in my politics and german? Got priority remarks and not sure what my chances are...
Not likely - most re-marks don't change - but they might. Historically around 20% of remarks change mark, but it's likely to be less than that this year as they have changed the rules.
Anymorefor123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
does anybody know what this " subjective marking" malarkey is? Im gettin bio remarked but also some essay based subjects and people on the studentroom keep scaring me about this marking and how examiners are unlikely to give you higher marks ? wtf? of course essay subjects are gonna be subective thats the whole point.. its interpretation... does this apply to A2 exams or just the new AS exams.. someone reply quick im freaking out right now. Also has anyone had any essay subjects e.g. eco/ psych and Bio remarked yet? have they gone up or down ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish