The Student Room Group

AS varied results

So I received my results today and I'm disappointed. I received ABDD and I would like to get into Warwick to do Law but the entry requirement is AAA. If I work hard, I'm sure I can get my A in French to an A* and my B in Media (which I am considering retaking since I am unhappy with the result) to an A. I am dropping/have dropped Psychology, which was one of the Ds. The issue is, I got a D in Drama which was completely unexpected and came as a shock. Even if I work really hard, my AS grade still affects the A2 grade.

Furthermore, the highest grade in our drama class was a C, which makes me feel slightly better but doesn't help much with my predicament concerning Warwick University. Perhaps that can be incorporated and considered somewhere but I highly doubt it. I will be choosing to retake it but since that will be in June 2017, how does that affect the chances of getting into my first choice? Will the D grade be overlooked or will it seriously affect any offers I receive from Warwick? I'm still confused with the new tariff points and therefore am relying solely on my grades, so I am really worried I won't be able to get into Warwick since it offers the course that I would seem to enjoy the most.

NOTE: A lot of the other universities I have looked at have similar entry requirements/similar courses, therefore I am also worried about getting into them. Warwick being my first choice is the reason why I am most worried but now I am also scared that other universities as well may not even consider giving me a place, if their grade boundaries are similar.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

hey! from what I've seen the results have been like mega varied this year - my tutor said not to worry since most of the AS won't count for next year - might affect your predicted grades though - and most unis won't look at them since not everyone sat them! even if they do they'll look at the average or something for the whole department at your college in comparison to your grade, if that makes sense?

Quick Reply

Latest