The Student Room Group

Radiography - Work Experience

Hi, I was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me finding work experience in the department of radiography. I know it's the end of summer but I've been asking around hospitals for weeks now - I live in Wales and happen to be in a part with only a few hospitals even relatively close by. I've been trying to obtain work experience in radiography but it is proving impossible, can anybody help? I was thinking maybe emailing the consultants themselves but their data online is private so I can't get hold of them. I'm worried that I'm running out of time to get any sort of experience now and I wondered if anybody could help with informing me on how to approach the manner? How shall I now word my requests? And does anyone have any experience with practices/hospitals which will allow students? Thank you!
Reply 1
What I did to get work experience was actually starting to work at the hospital as a volunteer. Then, you build up contacts and you can ask as I was always in the ward.
Reply 2
I work as a secretary in Radiology, our department are pretty good with people wanting to come in for work experience. You just telephone the department and ask to speak to the Clinical Tutor. Where about in Wales are you?

**P.S. I believe that you may need to have completed a minimum of 2 'observation days' in Radiography if you're applying for Radiography. That's what the Clinical Tutor at my workplace told me anyway, unsure if it applies to all universities.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest