Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!*
    I am seeking advice/help on nursery nurse interview questions and answers. I have an interview tomorrow at a community centre in the nursery. I have been out of work for 4 years due to being diagnosed with epilepsy. I was previously a nursery nurse in a day nursery and have over 5 years experience. I am just terrified about the interview and feel like I have forgotten everything I knew. If anyone can help with any advice on possible questions or experience they may have please share, I would be extremely grateful.
    *Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckz1205)
    Hi!!*
    I am seeking advice/help on nursery nurse interview questions and answers. I have an interview tomorrow at a community centre in the nursery. I have been out of work for 4 years due to being diagnosed with epilepsy. I was previously a nursery nurse in a day nursery and have over 5 years experience. I am just terrified about the interview and feel like I have forgotten everything I knew. If anyone can help with any advice on possible questions or experience they may have please share, I would be extremely grateful.
    *Thank you
    Standard questions that can be asked no matter what the job:
    1) Why do you want this job?
    2) Why this organisation? so why that nursery
    3) Tell us about yourself or talk us through your CV?- i.e. what have you done thats relevant to the role
    4) What do you know about us? Maybe less likely to come up
    5) Tell us about a time when you did x y z (insert statement relevant to the role, this could be worked well in a team, achieved a positive outcome e.c.t) or they may ask more directly about your previous experience as a nursery nurse. Either way think of your best achievements in the role and stress them.

Then nursery specific
    Not sure about the wording of the question but I would expect child safeguarding to come up in some form.

And be prepared to be questioned on your time out so be prepared to say something like 'I have epilepsy but its under control now.' The under control bit is especially important because they will want to know its safe for you to look after the children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Standard questions that can be asked no matter what the job:
    1) Why do you want this job?
    2) Why this organisation? so why that nursery
    3) Tell us about yourself or talk us through your CV?- i.e. what have you done thats relevant to the role
    4) What do you know about us? Maybe less likely to come up
    5) Tell us about a time when you did x y z (insert statement relevant to the role, this could be worked well in a team, achieved a positive outcome e.c.t) or they may ask more directly about your previous experience as a nursery nurse. Either way think of your best achievements in the role and stress them.

Then nursery specific
    Not sure about the wording of the question but I would expect child safeguarding to come up in some form.

And be prepared to be questioned on your time out so be prepared to say something like 'I have epilepsy but its under control now.' The under control bit is especially important because they will want to know its safe for you to look after the children.
    Thank you *

ReputationRep:
    before an interview I usually think back to some key examples of things I have done well to draw on for 'tell me about a time when you did X' so common ones are coped under pressure/in an emergency, helped a child progress/develop, dealt with an unhappy customer/parent, dealt with challenging behaviour, worked well in a team

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.