Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    UCL and LSE have always been my dream unis...
    I had firmed City Uni for Econ based on my predictions of ABB, so back then I obviously didn't apply to EconHistory at LSE...
    I got AAA today which i'm very happy about, got City. City have also told me that I can 'upgrade' to A&F or Actuarial if I want, and I get like a few days to decide.
    I can't get LSE for this year even though I meet and exceed their requirement since they're not in adjustment, nor King's who are full for Econ.

UCL is full for Econ too but also offers pharm and nat sci. I would literally do these just to go to UCL because I love it.

Gap year then LSE? Econ at City? I have no idea... PLEASE HELP MY SORRY A**, my time is running out!

i almost wish i had done badly because then i'd know what to do; i spent my whole summer thinking i'd flop and preparing for clearing

ReputationRep:
    Either carry on and go to CASS business school or wait a year and apply to LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Genius)
    Either carry on and go to CASS business school or wait a year and apply to LSE.
    which one would you pick?? i feel like they both have very different futures
    and i have researched lse in and out, i know the teaching and facilities and career prospects are second to none and now somehow i actually have the grades! is it worth the gap year which, btw, i have to find work for otherwise it might be a complete backfire...
    please i really need some solid advice - i'm so stunned atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minjinoor)
    which one would you pick?? i feel like they both have very different futures
    and i have researched lse in and out, i know the teaching and facilities and career prospects are second to none and now somehow i actually have the grades! is it worth the gap year which, btw, i have to find work for otherwise it might be a complete backfire...
    please i really need some solid advice - i'm so stunned atm
    LSE is very renowned and prestigious school, especially for economics of course.

Cass business school in terms of prospects and prestige is just as good, excellent degree value and a lot of big employers will be interested in you.

Both LSE and Cass>UCL in terms of economics and accounting etc.

TBH mate, if I was you, I would just wait 1 year and really think hard. Time is on your side and 1 year is basically nothing anyway. Use the summer and the upcoming months to decide where you want to go.

You are in a position of strength too and you can't really go wrong with either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Genius)
    LSE is very renowned and prestigious school, especially for economics of course.

Cass business school in terms of prospects and prestige is just as good, excellent degree value and a lot of big employers will be interested in you.

Both LSE and Cass>UCL in terms of economics and accounting etc.

TBH mate, if I was you, I would just wait 1 year and really think hard. Time is on your side and 1 year is basically nothing anyway. Use the summer and the upcoming months to decide where you want to go.

You are in a position of strength too and you can't really go wrong with either.
    i am probs going to take the gap year tbh... though i do feel kinda lost bc i have no idea where to even start find work for a gap year

thanks x

ReputationRep:
    If you are going to do a gap year you have to travel! Or do something that will contribute to your future. I know too many of my mates who just worked basic jobs and wasted it. I worked tut doing and tennis coaching and did some work fe travelling for 3 months and it was the best thing I have done so far. Takes you out of your comfort zone and builds independence as well as having an incredible time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.